A gift from a friend.

Great story Carl, brilliantly told, as always, my friend :thumbup:

- wow, what a lovely story.

Friendship is sometimes taken too lightly, but when we have it, it is something we sometimes cannot put into words, yet know it is mightier than so much else in life.

The association of an object related to that person we have spent valuable time with, again, something that is difficult to put into words.

Wonderfully told, Carl - thank you so much for sharing - and have to admit, soppier as I become in my years, brought a tear to my eye!

Awesome read this am, thanks for sharing.
Halfneck, we should meet up at that knife store in
Marietta sometime, I go by there once a week.

Thanks for the fantastic story, Carl! :thumbup:
Halfneck, I really enjoyed your story, too! :cool:
You both seem like good friends to have!! :)

- GT

Carl, great story. Even if it is just for you and your own thoughts, I still think you should write a book on your experiences with the man. The next time you come back to Maryland, I will have to buy you a crab cake from a place called the Windsor Inn on the west side of Baltimore.

They have shootings on the weekend, but if you get there during the day you'll be good.

Lovely story Carl. A gifted Knife from a friend or a relative has a strange talismanic quality that runs deep in a mans psyche. A knife, a fire and companionship are surely the most basic and most important things in life.

Carl, we've gleaned bits a pieces of that story over the years. It's wonderful to have the whole story. Thanks for putting that down. Like you, the knives I treasure most are mementos of friendships and reminders of shared times. Thank you.

Carl Sir,
That really was an awesome read - Heart warming, I feel the friendship you had with Bill - that knife truly is a Treasure, and I too if I was in your shoes would absolutely love that knife because of the very very special connection to a great Friend.

Gevonovich my friend- I understand why.

I woke up, made some toast, and read your story. A great one, and I nice way to start my day, thank you for sharing Carl!
I think I value true friendship more than anything else.

Very personal and touching story. Excellent reading that drew me right in the pictures and I could almost see you and Bill together, smoking pipes, shooting arrows and talking about knives. Wish there is more people like your friend Bill around. Thank you very much for sharing.

I enjoyed the story very much!
Owning Bill Moran's personal EDC for 40 years and also a personal gift from the Master himself, makes the story really nice!
Congrats!

Regards
Mikael

I've often wondered and wanted to ask how you got the knife, but didn't think asking was quite right. I guess I was just biding my time, being patient in a traditional way and I am glad I waited for your narrative. I also learned a lot about the knife itself that I didn't know. I tend to feel that this is the most important nondescript knife of the modern age, and I'm glad a gentleman such as you owns it, because it deserves to be passed down to somebody who appreciates all of the history behind it, somebody who called Bill a friend (and I'm sure one or two other things at times)! Thank you for sharing the knife with us, I really appreciate it.

Great writing---from the heart---having just lost several old friends recently, it brought a tear to my eye...

Back