A great man will be missed... Ron Hood passes on.

Rick Marchand

Donkey on the Edge
Ron Hood... husband of Karen, father of Jesse, US Veteran, friend and mentor to countless wilderness survival and primitive living enthusiasts, passed away in his sleep last night.

He will be missed.

Rick:(

I am so sorry to hear this. I really enjoy his videos and magazine. I would have liked to have met the man. Condolences to his family.

wow.
I'd heard he was having some health issues, but was not aware they were so serious.
smoke and prayers to his family & friends who need them.

Holy Smokes, I thought he was getting better Rick. I just am in shock.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be saying prayer for the family.

Bryan

From Karen:
To those of you who don't know, today is the first day that our son Jesse does not have a daddy. The first day in over 20 years that I do not have my best friend, love and husband.

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Ron passed away in his sleep last night. Our alarm went off this morning as he set it for 8 am and he just did not wake up.

This is the day we were scheduled to leave for our EOTW gathering in Salmon Idaho. Ron, I and Jesse will not be coming.

I just want to scream from the top of my lungs that I love Ron so much that it hurts and that both Jesse and I have been blessed having him in our lives.

I will write more as I get a chance.

Jesse and I love you so much Ron. You were the best husband, friend, teacher and daddy I could ever imagine having.

-Karen and Jesse Hood

Prayers sent !!!

I am very sad to hear this, he was an inspiration, my condolonces are sent to the family and friends.

Prayers sent to the Hood family,I met with Ron at Cabela's in Allen ,Tx,He enjoyed explaining to me the Hoodlum/Buck Knife that he designed and explained the sheath functions, I am pleased that we had those few moments.May he have plenty of coffee in his new adventures.From Ron to Ron.

I'm in shock. A great man who was passionate in what he loved. Always respected him and always will. My condolences tot he family

Just read this on Facebook, tragic news.....my thought's go out to his family.:(

My condolences to his family. Ron Hood was indeed an inspiration, and although I never met the man, his excellence as a teacher came through in his videos. He will be missed.

This is truely a sad day in the survival community. Thoughts and prayers to Karen and Jesse Hood.
Scott

A great man with great contributions. He will be sorely missed!

Back