A great man will be missed... Ron Hood passes on.

Rick Marchand brought him by the pit and introduced me to him. I've heard a lot about him ,but never met him until Blade. Thanks Rick for introducing me to him. It was one of my Blade highlights. May he RIP.

WOW...that sucks. HE was a really great teacher. I loved his stuff, and I feel for his close family and friends.

I have a bunch of his videos here that I've never had the chance to look at. I guess I should get to that.

Sounds like a great man has passed on.

From what I hear of him my life will not be complete having never met the man.
My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Mr.Hood.My condolences go out to the family.

Truly a loss to the community and the world as a whole. He will live on in his wisdom and the knowledge he passed on to the rest of us. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and close friends of this great man. R.I.P Ron, you will be missed, gone but never forgotten.

So Sorry to hear this, after seeing him at Blade I was just looking through a few of his videos. He will be sorely missed, and the community just won't be the same without him, but his legacy and the memories of what he gave will live on. My condolences to Karen and the family.

I'm deeply saddened to hear we lost Ron. I greatly enjoyed spending time with him at Dirttime. He was a classy gentleman.

DancesWithKnives

A great loss. He enriched the lives of many.

May he rest in peace. Condolences to his family.

Ron, I really enjoyed talking to you and Karen on the phone. I will miss you. Rest in peace.
Karen my deepest condolences.
We all lost a great teacher and friend

Safe journey, brother. May you rest in peace.

You guys think they have laser knives in Bushcraft Heaven?

Ron was my original co-moderator here on WSS when we started it up in 1999. Had great times with him and Karen in the dirt in Idaho, and then we had great times back at their cabin in Garden Valley, drinking margaritas with a bunch of their local friends, and shooting automatic weapons off the side porch. Best thing about Idaho? When neighbors hear gunfire, they don't call the police -- they show up with their firearms to join in the fun. :) Many great times at SHOT show and other gatherings, and tons of laughs all around.

With Ron and Karen at a past SHOT show:
KarenBrianRon-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, talk about someone with an impact. The very first survival resource I found on the web so many years ago was Mr. Hood's page. And although I never had the pleasure of knowing him like so many here did, I can honestly say that just the small portion of his life that I saw has had a profound impact on me. Prayers sent to his family.

Brandon

Back