A growing collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. New to the forum but have had a fascination with blades since my early teenage years. Here is a pic of some of my knives. Only 3 are EDC's, The RJ Tactical, the Caligo and the 940. The fossil is for opening mail, the Nirk Tighe 2 is just to look at, the Sanrenmu is outstanding and the Schrade Walden 881Y was given to my by my Grandfather before he passed away. The little OTF is literally for cleaning my nails. I have a BM Bugout in blue on the way.

20200513-165729-HDR1.jpg

I just got another knife in the mail. Nothing special but whomever sharpened it made sure it was SHAAAARRRRP! Easily the sharpest blade I have bought, factory edge wise, so far.

20200516-143326-HDR.jpg

20200516-143407-HDR.jpg

20200516-143356-HDR.jpg

Thanks... I have more knives in a box and some on the way still. A little note on that Sanrenmu... this knife is pretty great for what it is. It is a little bigger than the BM 940 but lots more grip in the hand and man is this thing sharp. Great lockup, great flip out, dead centered... it does not feel like a $20 knife. I am getting a lot of use out of it so far and for $20 I don't mind using it. I have a Bugout on the way and I am looking at some Civivi's, ZT's and MAYYYYYbe a Spyderco. The Spyderco's are so popular and I have yet to hold one in my hand. Probably because of the blade shape... it just doesn't appeal to me. However, I have never held or used one so who knows, it may be a great knife. I have been considering the PM3.

I decided to get something for my Birthday a little early. It is the first Spyderco I have owned. It's a budget Spyderco Tenacious. Cheap steel like most CRKT knives but that's ok. First thing I did was bring it home and take it apart. It had grease for pivot lube and has 4 thin metal washers with holes in each washer. Two washer per side of the blade. I cleaned every part with 91% booze like Nick Shabazz. I also moved the pocket clip from RS tip down to RS tip up. I lubed up the pivot and began putting the knife back together. I use sewing machine oil to lube my knives. It works very well. I lubed the detent, detent ball and track. Once all was together I adjusted the pivot screw a few times, no play, smooth action and perfectly centered.

20200609-185947-HDR1.jpg

20200609-191658-HDR1.jpg

20200609-191428-HDR1.jpg

Some fine looking knives in that collection! My old eyes tend to gravitate to that Schrade though!!

Some fine looking knives in that collection! My old eyes tend to gravitate to that Schrade though!!
Yeah, my Gramps used to carry that thing every day. He gave it to me and about a week later he passed away. I felt really bad about taking the knife for a while but he wanted me to have it so from time to time I pull it out and get mushy.

I sharpened my Spyderco Tenacious today. 8CR13MOV doesn't hold an edge very long I am guessing. I have been using this knife alot cutting cardboard mostly but also tape of different types. I decided to just cut a piece of paper for kicks today and it didn't want to cut it. So I busted out the Lansky and put some sharpie on the edge to find the factory angle... looks closest to 20 degrees. I started with 280, 600 then ended on 1000. Cleaned the blade off really well then tried to cut some paper. Effortless. I am pleased but i'd like to finish the edge a little better. I may need a strop.

Last edited:
One more to the collection. I didn't have it in the house 5 minutes before I took it apart, cleaned it and lubed it. Opens very quick and it does drop shut. Centered 49/51 ish.

20200625-145325-HDR1.jpg

20200625-150109-HDR1.jpg

Hello there. New to the forum but have had a fascination with blades since my early teenage years. Here is a pic of some of my knives. Only 3 are EDC's, The RJ Tactical, the Caligo and the 940. The fossil is for opening mail, the Nirk Tighe 2 is just to look at, the Sanrenmu is outstanding and the Schrade Walden 881Y was given to my by my Grandfather before he passed away. The little OTF is literally for cleaning my nails. I have a BM Bugout in blue on the way.
Great start! Looking forward to seeing what else you add to it! I gotta get my butt in gear and post my collection soon!

Got two more in the mail today. Right off the bat I sliced my arm with the first one pretty bad... well, stabbed rather than slice. Oops. Here they are, two new Ganzo knives. The 753M1 (The one that got me) and the RAT II clone the 727S

20200725-204658-HDR.jpg

20200725-204814-HDR.jpg

20200725-204859-HDR.jpg

Found a website that is still selling the discontinued Ganzo G729-BK. I paid them, let's see if they say they don't have any.

729-19-1024x1024.webp

Two of those have since been replaced by another two. Updated pics to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back