A home made bushcraft sheath for the 3.5

Riz!

Platinum Member
Gents!

I had to share! I just finished making my first ever leather sheath. It turned out really nice, for my first sheath. Took me about 4 hours of actual work time and 3 for the adhesives to dry. I doused it in Obenauffs (inside and out) and then waxed it with snow seal and gentle heat. Its pretty tight, but I am working it in and it feels like its going to retain the knife well. Also, if anyone wants a leather sheath for their 3.5' the Bark River Bushcraft "B" fits the 3.5 perfectly. I have one and its measurments ar the same as my homemade sheath.

Wow, nice work. Glad your first attempt went so well! I'm always impressed with the DIY'ers out there.

Thanks MvM. I made it part way through that before I lost sight of it. It was very informative what I have read so far.

That's fantastic! I've had a nice piece of leather for this very purpose sitting around for like 2 yrs...what tools did you use? looks way better than most "professional" sheaths!!

Thanks guys.

I ordered a basic leather working kit. It had some awls and needles and waxed thread. I used glue for leather and some clamps. For a first attempt it turned out pretty well. Its a little tighter than I wanted though.

I used that thread above to get an idea what I needed to do before I made this

Last edited:
Back