A Hungry Ghost returns

As I walk into the light of your campfire here, I see many strange faces.

Yet though this is not my fire - and I don't know most of you - I know we are related. Brothers of the Bent Blade, it was once called.

Last Saturday night - Aug. 25 - a light in the sky caught my attention. No, not the full moon, which was the reason I was observing the night sky. A stately, orange-red glowing orb, which made no sound. It moved to and fro as it climbed.

Unfortunately, it was not a UFO. H.I. Cantina people used to love flying saucer tales. Binoculars revealed a flaming paper lantern. In a few moments another rose, then another. A chain of burning lights formed in the sky; weirdly beautiful, without a sound. About a dozen rose, floating out over the local bay. At length, they began to burn out safely.

Of course it was the night of the Hungry Ghost Festival, a traditional Asian folk religious festival. For some reason I thought about the H.I. kamis … and U.B., Yvsa and some others I knew that have walked west. In many cases, I have knives of theirs to remember them by.

Thought I would take a look and perhaps inquire about some Cantinistas from 10-15 years ago. I hesitate to name them; so, without order- Jake/Steely Gunz? Kismet, of course. Nasty? Munk? Norm/Svashtar? Jimmy/Jai of Spam? I see Howard Wallace and hope Berk is still here too. There were too many others to name.

@Karda? Can you shine any light on these guys?

Mike/AA

As I walk into the light of your campfire here, I see many strange faces.

Yet though this is not my fire - and I don't know most of you - I know we are related. Brothers of the Bent Blade, it was once called.

Last Saturday night - Aug. 25 - a light in the sky caught my attention. No, not the full moon, which was the reason I was observing the night sky. A stately, orange-red glowing orb, which made no sound. It moved to and fro as it climbed.

Unfortunately, it was not a UFO. H.I. Cantina people used to love flying saucer tales. Binoculars revealed a flaming paper lantern. In a few moments another rose, then another. A chain of burning lights formed in the sky; weirdly beautiful, without a sound. About a dozen rose, floating out over the local bay. At length, they began to burn out safely.

Of course it was the night of the Hungry Ghost Festival, a traditional Asian folk religious festival. For some reason I thought about the H.I. kamis … and U.B., Yvsa and some others I knew that have walked west. In many cases, I have knives of theirs to remember them by.

Thought I would take a look and perhaps inquire about some Cantinistas from 10-15 years ago. I hesitate to name them; so, without order- Jake/Steely Gunz? Kismet, of course. Nasty? Munk? Norm/Svashtar? Jimmy/Jai of Spam? I see Howard Wallace and hope Berk is still here too. There were too many others to name.

@Karda? Can you shine any light on these guys?

Mike/AA
Welcome back, Mike/AA. I believe that I started visiting here when you were a regular. Some updates: Steely Gunz is still a moderator here, Berk pops in from time to time, and there have been a few sightings of Kismet, as I recall. Karda was unfortunately banned from Bladeforums. And unless I'm mistaken, the others you named haven't posted at the HI forum for some years.

Steve, thanks. It's an answer.

I'll get caught up on the other changes. Kumar is back pounding steel? He made the YCS I got from DIJ.

AA

Welcome back, preta.

Howard, great to be here (though working on rebirth, hopefully not as a preta). The lanterns certainly caught my attention.

Earlier that day, I actually bought a khukuri for the first time in many years... I'll be reading the mail, so to speak.

AA

hey Ad, how's life?? Every time I think of you I think of the blocking software and saltwater fishing. Do you remember??? HD

Who would have believed ....a "OLD"guy like MR.A returns!....Hmmmmm,I remember some stories....but I'll let MR.A entertain you youngsters!
THE DUCK!

'

Woah woah woah....how did I miss Mike's thread? Ad Astra Ad Astra
And then it gets bumped by The Duck?!

I won't regale you guys with the tales involving a cave, one legged dancing girls, and a treasure trove of khuks made by Durba.

Dig deep into the archives for such dark and forbidden knowledge. Beware, knowing the unknowable may have lasting consequences.

Woah woah woah....how did I miss Mike's thread? Ad Astra Ad Astra
And then it gets bumped by The Duck?!

I won't regale you guys with the tales involving a cave, one legged dancing girls, and a treasure trove of khuks made by Durba.

Dig deep into the archives for such dark and forbidden knowledge. Beware, knowing the unknowable may have lasting consequences.

Hee hee hee hee! Jake you just brought back a bunch of fond, funny memories.

JAKE,
Let the kind....elderly....harmless DUCK...alone! At least that EVIL....PILL-PUSHER...never mind don't want to stir things up!
THE DUCK!

Ad,Howard,Steely,Wildman & Hollowdweller.....looks like a "GHOST REUNION"!!
THE DUCK!

Back