Done

I thought I'd do as you suggested and post a definite "I'm in!". It's a great prize that I would be super excited to own. I also tried to get a picture of some hard workin' Khukuri's, but I felt like I'd be cheating if I used someone else's picture. So I hope it's ok I used something other than a HI for mine, it's all I got!

zA4nrKP.jpg

That's the type of work I'd be putting a Khukuri through, bushwhacking! Those ultra thick vines I've shown haunt the forest surrounding my property, and along chopping through them, I'd be using it to clear the briars and overhanging tree branches that make mowing a hassle and half.

As for a puppy, well my Husky might get a little jealous. He enjoys all the attention, haha. He's good a little helper too, he'll pull weeds right along side me.

Thank you for opportunity, having the chance to win is more than enough for me!

Fine looking pup! Still a youngster it appears too.

He's actually 5 though he still acts like a pup, haha. Funny enough I think he's gotten worse with age. Now he knows just how far he can get away with stuff without getting in trouble. Too smart for his own good is his little dog mantra(at least to me it is).

Thanks for doing the GAW RayseM! Sign me up please. I received my first Kuhk from Bookie as a Christmas gift last year. It has been put to great use clearing thorn brush and vines in a timber I hunt.

Great story and great giveaway, would love to be in.

I'm not a super active poster but I think I (just) meet the criteria.

Here's my only HI knife, it's a tiny but gorgeous Vim Bilton:

41702880502_6f7e02f68f_b.jpg

Great story and great giveaway, would love to be in.

I'm not a super active poster but I think I (just) meet the criteria.

Here's my only HI knife, it's a tiny but gorgeous Vim Bilton:

41702880502_6f7e02f68f_b.jpg

I agree - that is a sweet Khuk! Really lovely little thing :thumbsup:.

Welcome to the games :cool:

Ray

Thanks for doing the GAW RayseM! Sign me up please. I received my first Kuhk from Bookie as a Christmas gift last year. It has been put to great use clearing thorn brush and vines in a timber I hunt.

Jon.J - post a photo of your Bookie Khuk and tell us more in another thread and you'll be in for sure. :) Welcome to the club :cool:

Ray

Bawanna, did you ever know Vim's older brother, Vigor? He had an identity problem similar to Igor's. You didn't know if you were talking to Vee-gor, or to Vi-gor. Oh, yeah. His hump kept changing from shoulder to shoulder, too.

I agree - that is a sweet Khuk! Really lovely little thing :thumbsup:.

Welcome to the games :cool:

Ray

Thanks for the welcome, and for the generosity as well of course!

I do have one more Kuk but I suspect it's just tourist-crap. My gf at the time brought this back for me from Nepal about a decade and a half ago:

41026208094_d591e7cc91_b.jpg

The steel and HT are pretty good actually but the handle started coming loose after only a little bit of use and I've been afraid to use it since.

Wow, im kinda embarrassed I missed this thread:oops:

Sorry guys. I've been swamped with work and book-learnin'. Fantastic thread, Ray:)

Wow, im kinda embarrassed I missed this thread:oops:

Sorry guys. I've been swamped with work and book-learnin'. Fantastic thread, Ray:)

Wouldn't of happened without your help to begin with. :thumbsup: Glad to see you pop in Jake was wondering' if you were OK or just laying low because you don't need another Khuk. What are you so deeply into learning?

I gave the Manakamana a good work out today - my final push at burning the brush piles this spring. Photos tomorrow as my wife came out to document for me :cool:. I'm too pooped now to do more than type this note and call it done.

Cheers, Ray

Last edited:
Jon Jewell has tried to post a pic of his khuk, but with no success. Me being the suave & de-boner person that I am (with Bawanna's charm school under my belt, I volunteered to help him out so here is his entry pic.
Jon's.jpg

...and so now we have invented POSTING by PROXY :rolleyes: Ought to work :thumbsup: :)

What does the Jewell of a lad like about that particular Khuk? Who made it? What's the style?
I, for one, would care to know ;)

More as it happens.

Ray

Last edited:
As promised here is a typical use of the Manakamana at my place. Yesterday was a burn day. Have been accumulating brush piles on the hill side for the past 2 winters with no chance to get to burn while conditions were safe. Yesterday was a perfect day - 2 days of rain before, another day of rain after and no wind. A bit too warm for this kind of work as I usually do this in the winter - snow on the ground makes for a completely safe burn. Cold air makes it more comfortable. No snow yesterday though made for a safer day for the worker and a drier experience too, for me and the tools.

Here is looking up into the woods. You are seeing 3 pretty good size brush piles each behind the other as the hill climbs. Fire in the foreground. SPOT THE HAND TOOLS. You can see more tree debris on the ground. All was cleaned up before end of day.

And here are the hand tools crowding each other out for a glamour shot. They are so vain. The Manakamana and my
Silky KATANABOY Saw are the preferred woods work team. That KBOY is nearly 4' long with an 18" blade. I had a smaller Silky (another one on order) that I found in one of my winter fires with the handle all melted off and the blade all discolored. Somehow it just got raked into the fire :confused:. The bright neoprene tape on the handles helps for gripping and for keeping the tools from getting lost or tossed into the burn.

Chain saw was used yesterday too but it's camera shy - or maybe FLAME shy. :DMan that was a HOT fire!

I could work 3 weeks in these woods to make it as nice and park like as I would like but as it is, I can only do 2 or 3 days at a time - maybe once or twice each year. Didn't have a chance last year to burn - just accumulate piles.
Real happy to get this done. A very long day and I say out loud - some of the hardest, most intense work I do. You can see up the hill to the right of the burn that the results are well worth the effort. Still lots more to go. These tools will be in on all of that work.

All that's left is a very big but still diminishing ember pile today and a pretty tired old man :( (Yes, I am pretty :rolleyes:)

Cheers, Ray

Last edited:
Count me in, thx! Had a villager once. The Moosehead Lake now owns it after I flipped my canoe. Since then my Ontario has served my khuk’s needs but I want the real thing again!

Back