A kitchen trio

I don’t really care for making kitchen knives but the wife wanted some kitchen knives. These are all AEB-L steel at 61 HRC and handled in stabilized birdseye maple burl over forest green and white liners with complimentary mosaic pins. She wants some tooled leather scabbards so we can take them traveling. The finish is a nice satin 800-grit hand rubbed so it can easily be maintained with a scotchbrite pad from under the sink (not flashy when new but very functional for a daily user).

Kitchen-Trio-Right.jpg

Kitchen-Trio-Left.jpg

Kitchen-Trio-Spine.jpg

Excellent set that would take care of your traveling culinary needs, No Problem, Can you do Kydex? Cleaner in the long run than Leather, do them Training bra style, about a 1” up strip to protect you from the edge and a over strap th hold it on! Happy Wife! Happy Life!

Excellent set that would take care of your traveling culinary needs, No Problem, Can you do Kydex? Cleaner in the long run than Leather, do them Training bra style, about a 1” up strip to protect you from the edge and a over strap th hold it on! Happy Wife! Happy Life!

Yep I do kydex as well but she likes the pretty tooled leather so that’s what she will get. We have some JA Henckels, Wusthof, and a Victorinox chef which are all pretty solid factory knives and they all have Kydex to protect the edges in the drawer and to take camping. She was just wanting something that I made her and something a little nicer than what you can find in the store. From a purely functional standpoint I think lightly bead blasted G10 and kydex would have been the most practical choice but that isn’t very pretty.

Like Laurence said, those are nice looking pieces. I especially like the big one. As someone who makes kitchen knives, I can kinda understand why you might not like making big blades with a hand rubbed finish, but the potential market is a tad bigger for them. ;)

Like Laurence said, those are nice looking pieces. I especially like the big one. As someone who makes kitchen knives, I can kinda understand why you might not like making big blades with a hand rubbed finish, but the potential market is a tad bigger for them. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. I understand the market on kitchen knives is bigger but as a sportsman I am a bit more passionate about the outdoors than cooking so I enjoy making tools for the woods and water more. Also I would ideally prefer to have a KoolMist deal if I were doing a lot of kitchen work so I could grind wet. These long and tall grinds on thin stainless produce a lot of heat and there’s nowhere for it to go other than in the blade and into my fingers.

Back