A Knife Book I Can't Read!

A French speaking Kiwi....!At least we now know who it was responsible for the Rainbow Warrior!
Nest ce pas? m'sieur le Dunkeau
.oh wait on....we were only about 15 when that happened.HYN btw.hope you are enjoying the lovely smell of burning eucalyptus smoke..
waynorth waynorth Charlie according my research the word couteau means knife...beautiful book with droolworthy pics..cheers.

Hi Charlie,
I think this book is great also because it's a fantastic collection of pictures which show us how beautiful where the Laguiole when they were part of their owner's life. Like in Sardinia it's incredible to see how beautiful and aesthetics tools can be produces by a hard, rustic, countrified environment .

You are an fantastic scan pilot :D.
You just have to register the page you want to be translated and send it to google translate . It's more than easy.
But our friends are right , a lot of apps do the job perfectly .

Â

FoolhardyInsubstantialHuman-size_restricted.gif

Â

Lucky in Literacy!!:cool:
Tell me what it says when you are done, please!!:D
I studied French in high school a long time ago. I am not fluent, but can understand a fair amount. Lots of vocabulary I am not familiar with, but I can practice my French as I go through this book. And the pictures are wonderful. Worth the price of the book.:thumbsup:

Very nice pictures! And, it's a great reason to star learn French. When I need some help in educational question I often use artscolumbia which has a plenty of free essay on different topics (from art and popular culture to science). I'm not sure is on the /free-essays/popular-culture/ any information about knifes, but I'm sure that you can find some tips on learning French. Or maybe it's faster to buy English version)

By the way, these are very beautiful!
gLRDw0b.jpg

It's here! Going to start it tonight. :)
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! There is no English translation, I was told.

The book I can't read, on the Piano I can't play!!:D
I was always a visual learner!!:oops:
It's in my dining room, so I access it frequently! Just having the cover looking back at me is like enjoying art!!:)View attachment 1323693 View attachment 1323694
The cover is pretty enough to frame, that's for sure! And you have some beautiful Laguioles, Charlie.

I cannot play my piano either. I'm listed as the "buyer", with my son as "co-buyer", but he's making the payments. He plays quite well. And good stuff, like Beethoven and Bach. :)

The cover is pretty enough to frame, that's for sure! And you have some beautiful Laguioles, Charlie.

I cannot play my piano either. I'm listed as the "buyer", with my son as "co-buyer", but he's making the payments. He plays quite well. And good stuff, like Beethoven and Bach. :)
It's nice to have musicians in the house, Vince!;) My two sons play, and my brother, but they are all off on their own!!:rolleyes:

Nice picture Charlie! I can see a couple of shadow boxes in the background, want to post a picture of those also??

The book is very gorgeous, although I did not read it completely, as it was asked in college. I turned to a popular site[spam and spammer removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back