Photos A litte facelift

Hey Soupcan Soupcan recognize these?

I acquired these diamonds in the rough, last week or so. I don't remember exactly when, but the called to me as that big ole slab of marble called to Michelangelo.

The canvas:

UiqEE9i.jpg

7er4Bxq.jpg

RmCX34q.jpg

David:
P6BFZ6H.jpg

kkHryuu.jpg

MQIXxQi.jpg

LhapmKm.jpg

QL5QTQp.jpg

DsYN0O2.jpg

DDmFA6S.jpg

sk72zKx.jpg

I cleaned the edge on this one up so it's like a big straight razor again. Do I give it the treatment?

MZ2u52q.jpg

47Dgl1G.jpg

BSXo41H.jpg

MpSMxZi.jpg

It's discontinued, and the blade is definitely scratched all to hell and back. I must say the resilience came out like a new knife. You really can't tell in the pictures, but it was well used, with scratches all over so that there were literally none of the blade that was not scratched. The Endura was not as bad but the FRN was a hot mess. These guys were definitely put through the paces. Hot water, Dawn and toothbrush and it really looks like new. Spyderco makes some tough knives, even in the not tough knives category. FRN is really tougher then G10 IMHO.

-Joe

L

Thanks! I put an "edge" on them for the pictures. I still have to go back and polish it and make it actually sharp. I really enjoyed this little project and can't wait to carry them. My shiny new Firefly will have to do until then LOL

Back