A member of the survival team needs your help.

Will definitely check the site out and order something. The way he's fighting this and not accepting charity earns massive respect from me. My grandfather is the same way with his battle with cancer, so I know what the family is going through. I, as many others here, have lost people close to me to cancer, and it sucks. So anything that will help out a fellow outdoor enthusiast and all around awesome guy, I'm happy to do.

I would also like to say how much respect and admiration I have for Jeff and the gang to post something like this, it's not every day you see a company asking you to NOT spend money with them. A lot of people would post info on his condition and link to his site, and leave it there. But Jeff took it a step above, and for that man, you have my respect. Just another display of what kind of company we deal with when buying from Jeff. And it shows what a close community we are all a part of, and thats not something you see often anymore. We truly are, for the most part, one big family. And I think thats pretty damn cool. :D

rules of 3s :)

3 knives

3 dvds

3 days of water :)

Just saw this thread, I don't wander over here too often... Ron does fantastic work, I've been a fan for a long time. Still have three of his videos on VHS, time to place a new order. Hang in there!

I have been a fan of Ron's since the late 90's. I had almost all of his videos on VHS and over the years have switched them over to his DVD's. I am praying he beats the cancer.

Mike

I wish I had read this sooner. I have been saving up for the Pathfinder Course DVD's and will now switch it up to the Hood's Wood's instructionals. I learned to make my first figure 4 dead fall watching Ron on you tube. I was planning on getting training from him eventually anyway so it's not charity and would by it just for my own need of more training. This could happen to any one of us at any time. I fully appreciate Ron paving the road in Wilderness survival and it is my honor to get instruction from him. May the LIVESTRONG charm be with you Mr. HOODS.

Jeff, Everyone here knows that my wife was/is going through a very similar situation as Ron. There have been similar situations in our community where a fund has been set up @ a local bank where donations can be made in person, mail, cash transfer, or the internet. Maybe someone could call Mrs. Hood & see if something like this can be done? Buying his products is a great idea & would help them a lot, but a donation is 100% cash to them, rather than a percentage of a markup on a product.
We will keep them in our prayers.
Merry Christmas,
Be safe.

So true and a donation, properly handles is tax free for them, which of course buy products would not be.

prayer is a really good thing,and it's free to
those who believe.
i'll put one thru, and hope he gets well soon.
jd

Hi Folks,

I learned about this thread and want to thank you all for your support and prayers. IMHO, any forum can be judged by the comments of it's members and their willingness to help others. You folks set the bar. I don't know what we did to deserve this but your kindness is making a difference.

FWIW ... As some of you know, on January 27 I went in for a radical prostatectomy. The surgeon used the “Da Vinci” robotic assist to handle the surgery. During the surgery all lymph nodes and the prostate was removed. Clearly this was major surgery. By mid February I was beginning to function once again and continue to heal from the event. There are side effects to this sort of surgery that I am currently dealing with and my hopes for a full recovery are strong. Unfortunately upon examination of the prostate it was determined that the cancer had migrated past the margins of the surgery and some remained with me. I still test positive for cancer and we are waiting for more tests. If the cancer continues to develop I'll be undergoing further treatment in a few months. Meanwhile I'm busy working on the next issue of Survival Quarterly and continuing to work with Buck Knives on a legacy line of wilderness and survival knives. We are also planning two more videos for production this summer. Urban Master 3 and Family Camping 2.

I want to thank DuPont chemicals for this opportunity to test my body's resistance to cancer. Without their Agent Orange, none of this would have happened.

I also want to sincerely thank Jeff (this time for real) and the team for their support in this difficult time. Friendships like this are few and far between and I'm a lucky man indeed to have the friends I do. I wasn't in the best of shape at SHOT and I wish I could have had more time to hang.

We are overwhelmed by the support, love, prayers and kind words. We have received several thousand emails and are trying to reply to as many as possible.

Sincerely,

Ron Hood

Hi Folks,

I learned about this thread and want to thank you all for your support and prayers. IMHO, any forum can be judged by the comments of it's members and their willingness to help others. You folks set the bar. I don't know what we did to deserve this but your kindness is making a difference.

FWIW ... As some of you know, on January 27 I went in for a radical prostatectomy. The surgeon used the “Da Vinci” robotic assist to handle the surgery. During the surgery all lymph nodes and the prostate was removed. Clearly this was major surgery. By mid February I was beginning to function once again and continue to heal from the event. There are side effects to this sort of surgery that I am currently dealing with and my hopes for a full recovery are strong. Unfortunately upon examination of the prostate it was determined that the cancer had migrated past the margins of the surgery and some remained with me. I still test positive for cancer and we are waiting for more tests. If the cancer continues to develop I'll be undergoing further treatment in a few months. Meanwhile I'm busy working on the next issue of Survival Quarterly and continuing to work with Buck Knives on a legacy line of wilderness and survival knives. We are also planning two more videos for production this summer. Urban Master 3 and Family Camping 2.

I want to thank DuPont chemicals for this opportunity to test my body's resistance to cancer. Without their Agent Orange, none of this would have happened.

I also want to sincerely thank Jeff (this time for real) and the team for their support in this difficult time. Friendships like this are few and far between and I'm a lucky man indeed to have the friends I do. I wasn't in the best of shape at SHOT and I wish I could have had more time to hang.

We are overwhelmed by the support, love, prayers and kind words. We have received several thousand emails and are trying to reply to as many as possible.

Sincerely,

Ron Hood

Ron, in this fight know this.. We have your six covered... If anyone can kick cancer's ass it is you... Great DVD's and survival gear by the way... I'll be back for more...

Ron, were all pulling for you here. I'm a short 5 hour drive away if you or your family should need any help around the property. At this point, my labor is about all I have to offer, but should you need it, give a shout.

Ron, you are an inspiration to us all, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Back