A new one...

Went to the gun show today, and was pleased to see WRKT there. Really nice folks! In addition to the regular line, they had some B-stock knives, pieces with small blemishes that didn't pass QC. I was tempted to get another Sendero Classic, half-price was tough to pass up. But I did.

Instead, I got one of the new Todd Begg collaboration pieces, the Recondo, with burlap micarta handles. You'll have to check the website for pictures, I'm a dinosaur. Mine was also B-stock, due to a small, barely noticeable, nick in the finger-groove. This time, half-off was too much to pass up! Excellent handle, a bit heavy, for a fast, responsive feel in the hand. LOTS of little details, nicely executed. These guys are GOOD!!

I forgot to ask how many pieces in this "extremely limited" edition, but I don't really care....

I wouldnt be able to turn down a half price Sendero Classic. I'll have to check out the Recondo.

It was not an easy thing for me to say no to a half-price Sendero Classic! And while I'm kicking myself for not getting both, it just really wasn't in the budget.

Still, the Recondo is a nicely done piece, and I don't regret getting it.

Back