A nice surprise

It won’t be my EDC within the U.S. but I have found the Karambit has it’s place among my gear when I am at work.

The above statement at the very least implies you will EDC it when not in the US. Wether that is what you meant or not. I thought the same thing Monofletch thought.

You are the one who said you use them for work. It’s not a knife I’d expect a professional to even have an interest in.

I assure you the professional mechanic you want to compare yourself to. Does not buy cheap tools to play with while he is not working.

Thanks for the glimpse into your world. Be safe.

Then I do apologize my meaning was these style of knives do have a place on occasion in my field though I would definitely be utilizing something from a tried and true maker to add to kit I am man enough to admit when I have made a mistake and clearly I didn’t make myself clear when writing my post.

I just mentioned on another thread that my EDC has been used more to open MREs and butcher everything from rabbit to bush meat. The huge majority of US Military personnel will never do more than that no matter what knife they carry. I have seen a ton of PX Rangers who carry the nastiest ugliest most useless pieces of tacticool steal because it looks like something from Call Of Duty and they have never done anything more than open MREs with them. On the other hand there are a select few who have found it necessary at times to use blades in hostile environments with speed aggression and violence of action.

Are you referring to the Row house near the town on the river? Or the make believe “boat house” question that everyone try’s to use to trip up SAS soldiers? Or the yellow brick and white boat house that again isn’t a boat house at the farm and is where the dive teams learn to carry zodiacs over there heads? Or maybe the “boat house” bar and grill in Belize ?
It's a quote from a movie, lighten up there a little.

Oh LOL it’s actually a question asked commonly to test guys about there they have trained.

It’s kind of like asking a guy claiming to be SF what is next to the weapons school

If I were a “professional soldier for hire“ I don’t know if I would guess on a no name $65 karambit. A true or professional should have professional grade tools...
Agreed completely. If my life depended on a tool I'd try to get the best I could even if I had to spend much more, in fact I have. It's like when people ask for a life saving survival stabinator knife but only want to spend $35 on one. How much is you life worth?

I have hi end gear I never said I would be putting this blade in my kit for work. I own several.22 rifles as well are you suggesting I would utilize one of them at work? Hey I have a drill press should I throw that in a carry on and take it with me? Do you you have any other ingenious suggestions there super trooper? I am all ears there pro please enlighten me about your vast knowledge of warfare and essential equipment needed. Let me guess you had flat feet and couldn’t serve..... eat your Cheetos and leave big boy conversations to those who earn their money doing what they’re best at.
I know you are new here so I'll offer you a little friendly advice. Your experience here will be a lot more pleasant if you drop the attitude. You might think you are the most bad ass soldier but for all you know the guy you are talking down to could be far more bad ass, but he or she is humble enough not to even mention it. What you posted looked like insults to me. And I can tell you from personal experience that the moderators will not put up with that. Take the advise or leave it.

About your kydex sheath. Are you sure it is kydex? I as because it is quite rare to get an actual kydex sheath with I knife of this level. If it is some sort of molded plastic then a heat gun might not work to mold it.

Agreed completely. If my life depended on a tool I'd try to get the best I could even if I had to spend much more, in fact I have. It's like when people ask for a life saving survival stabinator knife but only want to spend $35 on one. How much is you life worth?

I know you are new here so I'll offer you a little friendly advice. Your experience here will be a lot more pleasant if you drop the attitude. You might think you are the most bad ass soldier but for all you know the guy you are talking down to could be far more bad ass, but he or she is humble enough not to even mention it. What you posted looked like insults to me. And I can tell you from personal experience that the moderators will not put up with that. Take the advise or leave it.

About your kydex sheath. Are you sure it is kydex? I as because it is quite rare to get an actual kydex sheath with I knife of this level. If it is some sort of molded plastic then a heat gun might not work to mold it.

It was “advertised” as kydex but no I am not at all sure that it is. If it isn’t do you or maybe anyone else have an idea how to mold it? Or am I just better off getting one made for it?

It was “advertised” as kydex but no I am not at all sure that it is. If it isn’t do you or maybe anyone else have an idea how to mold it? Or am I just better off getting one made for it?
It's a $65 no name knife. I'd just play around with it then buy a known, quality model later with a good sheath. Orrrrrr, buy some kydex for like $5 and make a sheath.

I've never tried to change the retention on a molded plastic sheath. I have changed retention on lots of kydex, most I own in fact, I'm a bit of a kydex sheath snob.

For sub $50 cold steel has a good looking Karambit. The materials they use are known and of good quality. The sheath is molded plastic and not kydex but if it is not up to snuff I have no doubt cold steel would make it right. All their silly marketing aside, I believe cold steel is a company that stands behind their products.

If you were to get a kydex sheath made for your current knife, the cost (and shipping) might rival the original cost of the knife. The cold steel knife might even cost less.

I've never tried to change the retention on a molded plastic sheath. I have changed retention on lots of kydex, most I own in fact, I'm a bit of a kydex sheath snob.

For sub $50 cold steel has a good looking Karambit. The materials the use are known and of good quality. If the sheath is molded plastic and not kydex but if it is not up to snuff I have no doubt cold steel would make it right. All their silly marketing aside, I believe cold steel is a company that stands behind their products.

If you were to get a kydex sheath made for your current knife the cost (and shipping) might rival the original cost of the knife. The cold steel knife might even cost less.

Awesome intel I really appreciate it I have been on the edge with Cold Steel for some time. I do use their trainers but have never owned one of their blades I think I will order one and go from there. You are the third person I’ve talked to in the short time I’ve been here who had good things to say about the company. Thank You Sir

I respect your change of attitude in this thread. Welcome to the forum. I think you will fit in fine, glad to have you.

Different perspective opinions and preferences are what make this forum so valuable.

B8196229-2485-43B6-9B4E-3B327E29CD42.jpeg I was on a tank crew.... we would rather carry more MRE/T rats, cold water, or coolers full of cold beverages!! No negative waves!!
:D

Back