A.p.b.t. Wip

Well... I have started to work on these with a vengeance! :toxdance:

I'm trying to get these cranked out for you guys! I have wanted to get these out in your hands for a while now. Here's what I've been doing...

First I decided to grind the shape in the bottoms of the guards.

APBTbladesWIP0210-01.jpg

The next step is to polish the flats. This has to be done before you glue the handle scales on.

APBTbladesWIP0210-02.jpg

Since the leather is going to take a while, I made up a mock knife for my leather guy Butch to use for fitting the sheaths. This will allow him to get started today on the leather. This will be used to fit the sheaths on the production run also.

APBTbladesWIP0210-03.jpg

Next up is getting the handle scales all cut out. I'll have pics of that tomorrow or the next day. I'm hoping to get these glued up this week.

Tom

Tom, since I know your busy and you will be posting here in the WIP thread.......I wanted to let you know for #11 I would like to go with the dark earth G-10, red liners, and satin finish on the blade.

Thanks!!!

Jonny

Tom, since I know your busy and you will be posting here in the WIP thread.......I wanted to let you know for #11 I would like to go with the dark earth G-10, red liners, and satin finish on the blade.

Thanks!!!

Jonny

Got it! Will get it cut out asap! :)

Tom

Tom - I noticed that the grind (Scandi??) in the pic above is different from your early protoype which looked like a flat grind (??). Will we have a choice of grinds?

Wow, I thought you were going to update folks via your website's mailing list when you were ready to release something, what happened with that?

I guess signing up was worthless. Hopefully when you release another run of the Dingo you'll let folks know via your mailing list.

Wow, I thought you were going to update folks via your website's mailing list when you were ready to release something, what happened with that?

I guess signing up was worthless. Hopefully when you release another run of the Dingo you'll let folks know via your mailing list.

Easy there. Just for clarification, you mention the Dingo. Are you aware that these knives are NOT Dingos? If you asked Tom to let you know when the next Dingos were coming, then he still has plenty of time to notify you. This is a different model altogether. You may already know that, but I want to make sure you're clear before you go bashing the way Tom does business. Unless you specifically asked Tom to put you on the list for an A.P.B.T., then you are out of line with your comment.

Jon

Tom - I noticed that the grind (Scandi??) in the pic above is different from your early protoype which looked like a flat grind (??). Will we have a choice of grinds?

This is only a sheath "MULE". All of them will be a full flat grind.

These are actually full on customs and since I only had a limited number available I decided to post them on the two forums so I could more easily keep up with them.

I am working on a run of Dingo's and A.P.B.T.'s and I WILL be sending out a notice when they get a little closer to being finished.

Tom

I am on Les's side (ISHELDON) I thought we would be informed,
I want an APBT and Dingo and having advance notice on this
custom batch would have been an incentive towards waiting for
the Dingo. It's been a while Boss....... Feed the hungry......

Thanks

I am on Les's side (ISHELDON) I thought we would be informed,
I want an APBT and Dingo and having advance notice on this
custom batch would have been an incentive towards waiting for
the Dingo. It's been a while Boss....... Feed the hungry......

Thanks

My apologies! I honestly am working on getting production knives into your hands! It has been WAY TOO LONG and I am sorry it has taken so long to get them back in production!

:eek:

Tom

I'm a little bummed, too. I was under the impression that the knives would be offered to the mailing list.

I'm pretty sure the production run of the APBT will be announced via the mailing list. I guess since this is a custom run, it would be easier to offer and track by listing on the forums.

And since they are custom, it would have made much more sense to offer them to the ones who have taken the time and showed interest by signing up for such offerings via the mailing list.

Not trying to start a war over this, just saying......

I'm pretty sure the production run of the APBT will be announced via the mailing list. I guess since this is a custom run, it would be easier to offer and track by listing on the forums.

Back