A project I'm working on...

Hello!!

This is my first post here (although I've been a member here for some time), so I think a short introduction could be good...

I'm from Finland and I'm 18 years old. I make scandinavian knives and have done soo for about 4 years, I made my first knife when I was 12 years old. My brother is also a knifemaker, he is 16 yeras old he actully won the Finnish championship in knifemaking for under 18 year old makers 2007...

Tought I would start to show you some pics of a knife I'm working on at the moment. The knife isn't finished yet but it should be tomorrow...

This is how the knife will look like:
DSCN1194.jpg

I've used mammoth bark, buffalohorn and fossiled valrus ivory in the handle.
DSCN1196.jpg

And a beutiful Andre' Andersson damascus blade.
DSCN1199.jpg

This is the diffrent pieces in the handle
DSCN1207.jpg

I have filed the mammoth bolster so it fits perfectly to the blade. The piece was so big so i sawed it in half, I will make some type of decoration on the end of the handle with the other mammoth piece.
DSCN1208-2.jpg

I glue all other pieces together before making the tang hole.
DSCN1218.jpg

Sometimes the gluing aint that easy
DSCN1205.jpg

I do glue the bolster first.
DSCN1216.jpg

and while the glue is drying I take out for the tang on the other piece
DSCN1219.jpg

It fits perfectly!!
DSCN1220.jpg

So what do you think??

More to come...

Jakob

Welcome to posting in Shoptalk, Jakob. I look forward to seeing your knife making. This one looks very good so far with that nice blade from Andre'. :)

Thank you all!!

A quick update...

I'm gluing the knife
DSCN1222.jpg

The knife is glued and profiled
DSCN12342.jpg

And this is how it look like at the moment
redi.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

Jakob

nice work,Jakob,and welcome to BF-I cant wait to see the finished product:thumbup:

Nice job of fitting all those pieces together. I loved the "rube goldberg" clamping to get all the pieces together :D

Back