A quick story of knife conversion

I was visiting my dad about a month ago, and he took me up on the "my new knife (ESEE-6) is shaving sharp. Really, try it out." This was at a little party he had, and of course the womenfolk retreated to the clothes closet while the menfolk went to what was once my room and is now a man cave (golf, guns, fishing tackle, and most recently knives thanks to me).

Anyway, my dad slides the knife the length of his forearm, and as he lifts it up, realizes he made himself a farmer's-tan fillet :eek:

After we bandaged him up (the cut wasn't too deep, just the tip sliced him all the way along his arm), he used the 6 all night long in the kitchen. At one point we hung a chunk of fillet mignon (my dad does great fillet mignon on the grill-damn is it good) over the serving platter and tried out some slicing. The 6 went right through it in quick slashes, really looked quite badass (until we got yelled at for playing with the food :D). This is of course even after using the 6 exclusively in the kitchen with many citrus-y foods, cutting a lot of meat and veggies, cotton twine, syran wrap, cardboard, several loaves of bread, and shaving my dad's other arm, sans fillet that time.

he has since bought two ESEE-6's, along with an Izula he keeps on his belt every day, no matter where he is. One of the 6's is in the kitchen (my dad is passionate about cooking, and that thing has a healthy patina from the use it's seen with nearly every imaginable kind of edible substance) and the other goes in his car for fishing, hiking, emergencies, etc. and he has a sheath for it velcro'd to the bottom of the dashboard so he can get it quick if someone tries to jack the car (it happened once to him before, and he isn't the pistol kind of guy).

Anyway, that's my ESEE convert story.

Back