A recent semi custom khukuri with carved handle accents

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We recently made a particularly ornate angkhola dui chirra khukuri. A deep raw finish on the blade, a pagoda style cho and a lustrous rosewood handle with the addition of carved brass hardware.

ox2mo6ok9ye71.jpg

These handle rings were found on quite a few historical khukuris and add a lot of beauty and added complexity to the part of the blade that's on display most of the time- the handle. As khukuris were often a sign of status both in village life and within the military it was a great place to display a bit of exceptional craftsmanship.

bfm3cxpk9ye71.jpg

What do you guys think? Too flashy or a nice bit of bling? Any structural concerns?
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

I think this is one of the best looking blades, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to opt for the raw finish on this one. The handle certainly looks fantastic though.

Last edited:
I think this is one of the best looking blades, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to opt for the raw finish on this one. The handle certainly looks fantastic though.
It's an interesting choice on a blade with such refined finish elsewhere. I think that gives it a lot of contrast though and really helps it stand out. Purely from a visual point of view a polished or satin finish will better show off the curvature on the fullers though

Sure the handle and blade is an unusual combo but the overall impression is nice. The pagoda style cho works in the regard of helping the transition to be smooth. I am not to crazy about the hammermarks. All in all, a bit strange looking khukuri but one that I like. :) I hope it will get a traditional dap. :thumbsup:

Acid dip after polish or satin would have been nice. I'm not much for that deep hammer marks either. Maybe even an inlay in the fuller. I wish now I'd asked for the pagoda cho on my blade.

Acid dip after polish or satin would have been nice. I'm not much for that deep hammer marks either. Maybe even an inlay in the fuller. I wish now I'd asked for the pagoda cho on my blade.
Depending on progress of your blade it might not be too late to spec a cho- send an email to customdesign@kailashblades.com with your order number.
We're working on some updated texturing for our raw finishes too.

Back