A Run From the Border!!

Don't forget wines and cheeses too JP ;):cool:
I'll have a first aid kit at hand :D:D:D
iu

Well, today I bit the bullet, and drove 1/2 hour to cross into the USA! Once there I cleaned out my PO box, and drove straight back home, because Canadian Rules say that if you leave the country, you must self quarantine for two weeks upon your return, to make sure you don't bring any viruses back to your family and friends!
They are precious to me, so I would do nothing else!!:cool:

So, to the rewarding part;View attachment 1457834 I picked up 23 knives!! 13 of them are BF knives for our Canadian Bretheren, and 10 are for me!! Some are gifts, and some are purchases, and I will post mine over a few following posts!, The BFs I will mail out to my fellow Canadians over the next couple of days, with the help of my wife and my daughter!!
See you here soon!!:D

Thank-you very much Waynorth! That is a sacrifice rather than just a service you are performing for us. Extremely generous of your personal liberties.

,,,Mike in Canada

I am slowly scanning through the great Border Run Loot!!
Fanciest Opinel I have owned to date!! Very dense horn tip handle with a very high polish - I had to magnify it 10 power to see the texture!! Delivered in an Oak box, it's a number 10 efille (fillet)!!:cool:NO 10 effile 1.jpg

A fine gift from kamagong kamagong , this French Marjacq is a beautifully finished, and sharp, friction jack (ala Opinel) with a beautiful "flame" running through the pile side!!:cool: Thanks Christian!!:thumbsup:
Kamagong translates to the name of an Ebony wood - is it the same wood, I wonder??:D Beautiful either way!!Marjacq 1.jpg Marjacq 2.jpg

Number 07 Chataignes (Fr.)- another Opinel!!
Fall brings Castagne (Ital.) (sweet chestnuts) to the Campagna family!
I can't wait to try out this special knife to score those delicious morsels for roasting!!:p;)Opinel Castagne 1.jpg Castagne.jpg

Another gift; this from mrknife mrknife - thanks a bunch, Jack!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Eric many years ago, before he started in his cutlery career!! A success story, if I've ever seen one! Nice Mastadon handles with a single blade - Jack, that's quite a sacrifice!!:eek::D You are a generous man!!;)Mastadon from Jack L 1.jpg

Number 07 Chataignes (Fr.)- another Opinel!!
Fall brings Castagne (Ital.) (sweet chestnuts) to the Campagna family!
I can't wait to try out this special knife to score those delicious morsels for roasting!!:p;)View attachment 1458305 View attachment 1458306

Whoa!!! Is that a modification, or an available model??

Edit: it IS an available model. I might need one of those.

Another gift; this from mrknife mrknife - thanks a bunch, Jack!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Eric many years ago, before he started in his cutlery career!! A success story, if I've ever seen one! Nice Mastadon handles with a single blade - Jack, that's quite a sacrifice!!:eek::D You are a generous man!!;)View attachment 1458313

haha glad ya like it Charlie, kept it as a surprise when I was talking to Eric and doing my unboxing. Even I didnt know how beautiful it would come out!

It's weirding me out a bit reading the names of all the local communities located near me, lol.

Back