A Run From the Border!!

QUOTE="kamagong" - Glad to see you got the Marjacq Charlie. Use it in good health. Should the innards get mucked up with fruit juices or such, that knife is easily taken apart for cleaning.
50135466851_a520d01b01_b.jpg
Thanks again!!:thumbsup: And thanks for the how-to pic!!:D

The two BF knives I ordered came in a separate box. I lucked out and got a light and a dark as I hoped! These are great knives!!:)
I was going to use one, but I cannot decide!!:eek:BF 2020 1.jpg BF 2020 2.jpg
News for Canadian buyers; the authorities let these across the border with no duty!! I think the guard was busy with something, and she just waved me through!!:eek: What Luck!!:D:thumbsup:
My wife bought the shipping supplies today, so I am packaging your pre-marked boxes, and will send out, hopefully tomorrow!!:)

Being one of the lucky 13, I just want to say thank you, sir. Very cool of you to handle this for us. Can’t wait to receive mine and post up picks with everyone else. They have all been so different and seeing that has amped up my anticipation that much more.

Thanks again!

News for Canadian buyers; the authorities let these across the border with no duty!! I think the guard was busy with something, and she just waved me through!!:eek: What Luck!!:D:thumbsup:
My wife bought the shipping supplies today, so I am packaging your pre-marked boxes, and will send out, hopefully tomorrow!!:)

Yeah :thumbsup: :)
Anticipation at an all time high :)
Thanks again Charlie :thumbsup:

The two BF knives I ordered came in a separate box. I lucked out and got a light and a dark as I hoped! These are great knives!!:)
I was going to use one, but I cannot decide!!:eek:View attachment 1458515 View attachment 1458516
Nice I get that all the time even when I confess to being over the limit. I must look like someone who'd want to hang around and have a conversation all day.

I was going to use one, but I cannot decide!!:eek:View attachment 1458515 View attachment 1458516

Thanks very much, Charlie, and thanks to your wife.:thumbsup: I really like the texture on your dark knife.

Kamagong translates to the name of an Ebony wood - is it the same wood, I wonder??:D Beautiful either way!!View attachment 1458292 View attachment 1458293

From what I have read in the past, the ebony on these Marjacq knives is Madagascar ebony. Kamagong is an ebony native to the Philippines (diospyros discolor), and the wood looks a lot like Macassar ebony. I have a number of items made from kamagong that I have picked up during my visits to the Philippines. And while there I saw furniture - chairs, tables, and even a staircase - made of Kamagong. As a member of the persimmon family, the fruit of the kamagong tree (known as mabolo) is good to eat.

A fine gift from @kamagong, this French Marjacq is a beautifully finished, and sharp, friction jack (ala Opinel) with a beautiful "flame" running through the pile side!!:cool: Thanks Christian!!:thumbsup:
Kamagong translates to the name of an Ebony wood - is it the same wood, I wonder??:D Beautiful either way!!View attachment 1458292 View attachment 1458293

fantastic! I enjoyed seeing that beauty in a recent thread. Glad the Marjacq was passed on to a fellow admirer.

From what I have read in the past, the ebony on these Marjacq knives is Madagascar ebony. Kamagong is an ebony native to the Philippines (diospyros discolor), and the wood looks a lot like Macassar ebony. I have a number of items made from kamagong that I have picked up during my visits to the Philippines. And while there I saw furniture - chairs, tables, and even a staircase - made of Kamagong. As a member of the persimmon family, the fruit of the kamagong tree (known as mabolo) is good to eat.
Thanks for those tidbits of info, L lambertiana !!:thumbsup::cool:

Will do Charlie, mine should be delivered tomorrow. I zoomed in on your photo and got the tracking #
Thanks for doing this for us as well it is much appreciated.

Back