A Sherpa carries luggage in the vicinity of the Tengboche Monastery, Nepal [photo]

Awesome!
Here's another:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ursuit-prize--attack-worlds-largest-bees.html
article-2151002-1354D225000005DC-791_964x641.jpg

"The honey seekers fashion ladders out of braided bamboo to access their prize, the toxic rhododendron honey produced by the Apis laboriosa bee."

Beautiful picture beoram. Thanks for my new wallpaper :). The guy in the second pic is crazy Jay.

Awesome pix, thank you for sharing

Amazing photographs, that honey collector is out of this world! Either he is the world's finest Bee Whisperer, or something! NO FEAR!
Well, maybe 'no fear' is an exaggeration, but still...that dude must have bear blood in his veins. Thanks for making my Wednesday morning, peace.
David

"...their prize, the toxic rhododendron honey produced by the Apis laboriosa bee."

I'm a little curious why toxic honey is prized? :confused:

I was curious about the toxicity and why anyone would go through that ordeal for poison honey..
From the article above:
"the Rai people believe it has therapeutic healing powers, and leave their homes in the Bung valley every spring to brave the cliffs in the search of bees’ nests."

Back