A smaller ZT

Would you buy a small ZT/ Kershaw in the ZT 0550 price and quality range?

• Yes! I would have no problem spending $200 to $300 on such a knife.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if it was less expensive ($100-$199)

• No, the only premium KAI products i want are knives built like the current ZT line (tanks)

• No, I wouldn't purchase any high priced KAI knives

• Total voters
Well, we already have the 0350. It's quite slim and sleek. Just take away the torsion spring of the flipper and straighten out the edge of the blade like the 550 so I can sharpen it. BTW, I like the thinner blade-steel of the 0350. My 550 works great; is centered and no-stick lock, S35VN blade.
But it's quite a bit thicker than the blade on the 0350: 0.157" vs 0.121".
sonny

+1 but green or tan scales would be my G10 colour preference. Not a deal-breaker though...

It would be cool to see a smaller (than usual) EDC ZT knife in an all titanium handle that features non assisted flipper, as well as easily accessible thumb studs for two choices of deployment. It would be great if it had a blade shape simluar to the 0550/0560.

I think with the 0888 ZT, this all titanium ZT might be a possibility.

I kind of have this idea of a Kershaw Skyline on steroids; instead of G10 would be an all titanium handle with frame lock and jimping on the flipper with a jimped mild thumb ramp to allow more room for thumb studs to be easier to use.

I'd buy one.

Last edited:
ZT's are ZT's for a reason. If the size/weight is too much for ya, then ZT's just aren't for you.

Now if they'd just come of with a folding karambit...:D

-sh00ter

Id love to see a ZT that was about 7 7/8th-8 inch over all and around a 3 1/4 to 3 3/8th blade (around kershaw blur size) with the nice build quality of ZT and ZT materials like G10 with titanium. Basiclly give it the same quality with the nice frame lock have an assisted and non assisted model in like 154 cm. im rambling tho

To sum it up 7 7/8th frame lock With g10 scales on 1 side and a 3 1/4 to 3 3/8th blade made of something like 154cm that has thumb studs and a flipper and make a assisted and non assisted version. Also a nice blade coating in tiger stripe with a plain G10 scale, its natural kind of translucent color.

Treeman... I agree with your idea, I like the Blur but wish it was a flipper with G-10 scales, you could also get rid of the thumb studs for my version. I would like the blade to be in powered 154. That would be a great knife.

Back