A Spyderco Pikal?

The liners provide added stgrength and it was preferred by Snarc, Trace and most of the forumites in this thread.

We'll skeletonize the liner and make the G-10 thinner so the overall package is thin and easy to carry.

sal

Mr. Glesser, I know you are constrained from offering certain details, but can you tell us if a trainer will be offered?

I remain excited about this project. I would hope Snarc would offer some training material to accompany the knife.

I'm still confounded by how this knife can be opened into a pikal grip without being waved. But I was never one for out-of-the-box thinking.

I've lurked here for awhile but finally got around to registering. I am very interested in one of these when they become available. What is the estimated price? Thanks to everyone who has worked hard to make this happen and especially Spyderco and Mr. Glesser for showing such great customer service and dedication. Thanks to Southnarc and his team for thier knowledge and dedication to this project as well.

glock20c said:
What is the estimated price?

Since the knife is currently in engineering and the estimated release is by year end its doubtful that a price has been set yet. But, with skeletonized steel liners, G-10 scales, S30V blade and a modified ball bearing lock, you can be sure it won't be the cheapest Spydie in the lineup. Compare it's features to other MBC rated folders, all of which have a MSRP of $180 to $220. Even so, this is one I think I'll have to add to the collection

David

I've been following this thread with much interest, but I'm a little confused. In the sprint runs PDF on the Spyderco website there is an R2, this is not the Pikal folder that this whole thread is about, is it? I can't imagine that it is because I see a sort of Q on steroids as opposed to the G-10 scaled folder that I've come to picture. R2 was mentioned as a possible name for the Pikal folder....
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question; paranoid, maybe :eek:
---Tom

sigarms said:
I've been following this thread with much interest, but I'm a little confused. In the sprint runs PDF on the Spyderco website there is an R2, this is not the Pikal folder that this whole thread is about, is it? I can't imagine that it is because I see a sort of Q on steroids as opposed to the G-10 scaled folder that I've come to picture. R2 was mentioned as a possible name for the Pikal folder....
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question; paranoid, maybe :eek:
---Tom

There is no relation between the R2 and the pikal folder. There have been many names suggested for the pikal folder, and nothing has been officially selected yet. For now, it is simply "the pikal folder."

Carlos said:
There is no relation between the R2 and the pikal folder. There have been many names suggested for the pikal folder, and nothing has been officially selected yet. For now, it is simply "the pikal folder."
Weew! Thanks. I thought that must be what happened, but am glad to see it from reliable sources.
---Tom

Aarrgghh,

You guys keep getting me excited! I keep thinking there's new news...but just the bump... :(

For those of us unable to attend knife shows, when can we see one?

Pics of the Szabofly, ATR and Yojimbo were out for a year plus before their release, if we can't see this knife yet, should we expect time-to-market to be over a year?

I am a bit late to the game on this one, because I am not an MBC type (no training, in a defense situation I would just do whats natural to me in respect to my Tae Kwan Do training while having a knife in hand.. I had not realized that this thread had birthed a knife. This does sound cool. I am excited about all of the new stuff coming from spyderco.

donutsrule said:
For those of us unable to attend knife shows, when can we see one?

Pics of the Szabofly, ATR and Yojimbo were out for a year plus before their release, if we can't see this knife yet, should we expect time-to-market to be over a year?

Any news yet?

I would love to hear some specs, if pix are not available, and indulge my imagination. :D

Back