A Spyderco Pikal?

Okay, I've been waiting and waiting patiently as I follow this thread and its' original in the self defense forums.I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!! LET ME SEE IT,LET ME SEE IT, LEMME SEE IT LEee.....

Whew, I almost drooled on the key board. Seriously, I cannot wait to see the knife, and then purchase the knife (and get in trouble with the wife) :D

A pic could help prevent a repeat performance ;)

This thread was buried something like 4 or 5 pages deep. I couldn't stand by and let that happen...*bump*

Umm any pictures hanging around?

Some of us are still interested...

Here's what Sal posted on 10/1/05 at the Spyderco site:

Hi Guys, you are making me feel guilt.

The Pakal "grip" is somewhat unique as Snarc presents it. The folder specifically designed by Snarc & Trace is a very nice piece and my apologies that it isn't out yet. The "pickle" has to be made in Golden and the Golden plant has been at capacity. We're training new crew at this time, and the "Pickle" is "in process", but there's a half dozen new designs moving along with it. I would say that the model as designed by Snarc & Trace would be hard to beat for its intended purpose. There's been some discussion of a "Wave" feature, (I believe Ernest would license us to do that) but my leaning is to leave it off of the first version, or make an "add-on".

That said, The retrieving method that Joe mentioned is the one I agree works best. It's relatively foolproof with a little bit of practice. I've not used a "wave" in this manner yet, but a local aficianado has offered to demo. (I've been out of town and haven't had the opportunity to visit).

I have used an "inertia drop". I have the "pickle" proto set up in "lefty".

The new dop point version of the D'Allara works well for Pakal in the "style" of retrieval Joe mentioned. The Ball Bearing lock is just about impossible to accidentally disengage in that "grip" and the model can be set up for lefty. Traction is very good and ergos work. It is a bit larger in the pocket though.

It's a more "general use" design and would not replace the "Pickle" as the ideal piece, but it's probably worth a "look-see".

Once I've got the "Pickle" though a "pilot" stage of production, I'll show you pics.

The new Endura 4 also works well. I imagine it's possible to disengage the model in Pakal, but I've not been able to do it.

sal

Sal Glesser said:
In pilot stage now.

sal

Sweet!:D Thanks, Sal.

Edit: I just realized my first post to this thread was before my son was born, and now he can walk, say a few words and climb up into his own high chair. How time flies. :)

pics soon, then? and what's a pilot stage, select people get to play with protos or something?

I have it on good authority that pics should (hopefully) be out around the end of the month.

Trace Rinaldi said:
Ok Screw it!! Heres a pic!!
[...]
Caught you guys looking AGAIN:p :eek: :rolleyes:

That ain't nice! didn't your mom tell you to be nicer to people?!

Ookami

btw, how long till there's something to look at?

Sal recently posted on another forum that once the new prototype goes out to Trace and SouthNarc, there'll be pics. But the wait...:(

This thread is probably the major reason that I ceased being a "lurker" and joined bladeforums...

Desmond

While I appreciate Sal and Co.s desire not to rush a good thing, as well as the fullness of the plate they have with all the new goodies released, I think it's a shame we Spyderphiles won't have the Rev (still not giving up on this ;) ) under the Christmas Tree this season.

Rick in KY said:
While I appreciate Sal and Co.s desire not to rush a good thing, as well as the fullness of the plate they have with all the new goodies released, I think it's a shame we Spyderphiles won't have the Rev (still not giving up on this ;) ) under the Christmas Tree this season.

Dont give up Rick! This is gonna happen or Sal is gonna need to hire security for SHOT show..;) :D

And sorry for the dirty trick guys..

Take Care
Trace
www.THRblades.com
www.Shivworks.com

Back