A Stitch in Time

No no no, that's the mark to prove you tested the hardness:p

ancient-aliens-S12-desktop-2048x1152-copy-1.jpg

"Each belt goes through the same rigorous heat treat process used by the Egyptians to bring out the full potential of the leather..."

About as far from knives as possible, but that's awesome!:thumbsup:
Thanks John, it's all spokes in the wheel.. These two projects have given me enough trigger time to better understand and troubleshoot the machine, oh and make up a few new cuss words.

That IS pretty great work John! :thumbsup: :cool: I'm sure she'll love it! :)
Thanks Jared, hopefully she'll get some use out of it, I need to make one for myself for shop notes, I end up keeping little scraps of paper with ideas scribbled on them in a drawer in the shop.

Those look really nice.
Thanks Scott, a couple of our traditionalists in the Clan helped me with the design and sizes. I'll leave it to them to dime themselves out in case they want their privacy. I've got 12 different thread colors to use now, this request was for a pair in tan. The backsides are Bison leather, it really hugs the knife well and let's you pinch it out easily.

Thanks Scott, a couple of our traditionalists in the Clan helped me with the design and sizes. I'll leave it to them to dime themselves out in case they want their privacy. I've got 12 different thread colors to use now, this request was for a pair in tan. The backsides are Bison leather, it really hugs the knife well and let's you pinch it out easily.
They look like they would disappear in the pocket.

Volunteering for self diming ;)

John was kind enough to send a few different sizes to try out - Small, medium, and large.

ScuMES4.jpg

I thought I'd use the medium one the most, but turns out I'm really liking the small one with a medium jack. I'm a sucker for orange, and it's working out pretty good. Really liking the combination of the thicker leather on the front and the bison on the back. As John mentioned, really makes getting the knife out a breeze.

gPWNqyX.jpg

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate the help on these!

Oddly enough, after resurrecting this thread, I just saw that today is National Sewing Machine Day. Never did I think I'd ever run a sewing machine in any capacity but I'm glad I invested in my Cobra.

Think I'm gonna use this thread to post my leather work in progress pics.

Some nice work. I bet you have needle and thread and a thimble in your sewing box somewhere.

Plenty of needle and thread. I haven't used the machine on a sheath yet. These projects came about by me needing to get some practice so I can start using it on sheaths.

Back