A Stitch in Time

The kids are all about making keychains and even started tooling leather. The girls went to town earlier and my boy wanted to make his sister one with pink thread. For a 6 yr old he does really well running machinery- tractors, 4 wheelers, sewing machines, you name it.

Not the content you guys are lookin for I know, but wanted to post this because it's relevant to the spirit of this thread. He's threadin a bobbin on the Cobra 4 below.
20210903_151033-02.jpeg

Who would be interested in seeing the following belts happen?

1.5" Width
Black or Brown Water Buffalo
Fully Lined
Solid Stainless Buckle
Custom fit
Under $100.

I'm gauging interest at the moment though I have the leather in hand and the buckles ordered.
I could use a stiff belt of the type you describe, suitable for hold up a loaded Magnum weight revolver on a skinny-ass old man such as myself. But, it's got to be in BLACK however, none of that Oxblood Corinthian leather chit this time. I know what I want. Oh, and a keyring. It's gotta come with a kid-built keyring...

After finding a source for stainless steel belt buckles in Novia Scotia of all places, I email them to verify that the specific model number that I'm looking at is indeed solid stainless steel.

Them: "Yes Sir, solid stainless steel, here's a link"

Me: (Orders a bunch)

Them: "Those are out of stock"

Me:
brule-what.gif

Dideye win? I'll take #49, thanks for the chance. Send Mack's winnings to me.

Just to Chronicle our stitch in time, I wanted to post about some leather tools I picked up yesterday. Couple dozen stamps and some oddball items. The best oddball item was this little splitter, at a fraction of the cost of new I was glad to get my hands on it. It looks new for the most part and is a stout little bugger.

20210929_140218-01.jpeg

The blade is about 4" wide. If you're not familiar with what a splitter does, It's used to reduce the thickness of leather. You adjust it to the thickness you want and pull the piece through as it runs between the blade and the roller (Sorry if that's obvious but I see a lot of specialty tool that sometimes I couldn't tell you which way is up 🤪 ).

I loaded up some rounds with primers only today and let the kids shoot the Vaquero in 45 Colt and a Blackhawk in .41 Magnum. We watch way too much Rifleman around here and he's been wanting to shoot the wheelguns.

20210929_173927-02.jpeg
20210929_173724-01.jpeg
I realized afterwards he's wearing a holster, a belt and a wooden knife in a sheath that I made. Once again, posted for posterity.

Still waiting on the buckles, they shipped last week.

Last edited:
Back