A Stitch in Time

Reloading bench is now a leather bench. Twelve feet of standing work area dedicated to sheaths and leatherwork. Hung some cedar boards up to mount tools on. This will be a game changer, no more pausing knife work to break out the leather gear.
20211007_192446-01.jpeg

That bench is too clean
That lasted about a day, the kids broke it in with a project today. It's the only area in my shop that's not a full tornado. I built it about fifteen years ago and put a dozen layers of polyurethane on it so it wipes down really easy. I built it heavy for my reloading presses so it's perfect for leather. I've acquired around 30 stamps so some tooling will be in our future.

That’s a sweet set-up John. Everything has a place and good visibility to eliminate wasted time looking for specific tools. The cedar board backing is a handsome addition to the repurposed bench. Nicely thought out all around. 👍

Phil

Thanks Phil, (and thanks again for the package, that was awesome). I think the bench will work out well. I'm going to try and keep up on it and since all the tools have a place it should be easy to keep it organized. The sewing machine even has it's own spot opposite the bench. The only thing I need to improve is the lighting, I'm going to get the same led shop lights that I have in the main shop. Trying to get my ducks in a row.

Here's a brown water buffalo lined with cowhide. It'll get a tan gunslinger stitch. It looks a little darker brown in person.
20211015_161248-01.jpeg

The kids are all in with leather, they've been begging to go to the shop every day and have really taken to it.
25601-01.jpeg
My daughter ^ really takes to the basketweaves and geometrics. She did really well here

25593-01.jpeg

Such a talented craftsman, great dad, and all around good guy. Super proud of you!

That said, I could use a RMK leather belt, heavy duty enough to hold up a 1911 (By God!) on muh skinny butt...

Ha thanks Shel, I'll be gathering names for belts soon. Posters in this thread will have priority. The one above is a practice run for my brother and it's turning out better than I hoped. The water buffalo lined with cowhide is really nice. I have black and brown.

For those of you interested in a belt, you might want to get a measurement ready. The picture below explains it pretty well but lay a belt out that you wear as flat and straight as you can. It will be curved a little bit but that's ok. Hook a tape measure over the fold by the buckle and get a good reading at the hole you use the most. The more accurate the better, if you measure it twice and I'll cut once😉
Belt-Msmt-Graphic.jpg

I'd love too - BUT - so many other things asking for my $$s this time around. I know where you are.
Really impressed with how you are developing the leather work aspect of your business. The best 2 of 2. :thumbsup:

.Sounds good Mike, when I get buckles that I'm happy with we'll make a list. Thanks Ray, I'm trying to expand the horizon.

I think I've mentioned it before but I'll put these around the 80 dollar ballpark and they'll be worth every penny. I'll have a better idea when I finish this one up.

Last edited:
Water buffalo over leather. This has that feeling when you pick something up and are afraid to look at the price tag. Really haopy with how these are coming along.
20211020_172914-02.jpeg

I really like this gunslinger stitch.
20211020_183105-02.jpeg

The kids wanted to make a coaster for Momma and did a pretty good job.
20211020_170734-02.jpeg

Thanks Scott, yeah the kids love tooling, they really get into it.

Would it be possible to get this in black with black stitching, without the buckle?

Thanks in advance
Keep an eye on this thread, I'll probably only take a couple of orders at a time and will announce it in here and in the Newsletter. Got your email, I'll get a response to you today, thanks for the interest. Oh and yes, black on black would be a possibility.

Again, posters in this thread will have priority when I take orders. Not trying to track anyone or increase activity, I just want to give those that have been watching and have been interested first crack. If you have an inkling of getting one, it might be a good idea to say hello.

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if inundating you all at once with interest in the belt, knife, and newsletter would be too much as it looks like there are separate posts for all of those. However, I have been following the cowbells and the progression to include wharnies and decided to dive right in when the black buffalo belt with gunslinger stitching came up.

Hello. 😃
Long time lurker from New York.

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if inundating you all at once with interest in the belt, knife, and newsletter would be too much as it looks like there are separate posts for all of those. However, I have been following the cowbells and the progression to include wharnies and decided to dive right in when the black buffalo belt with gunslinger stitching came up.

Hello. 😃
Long time lurker from New York.
Glad to have you, yeah things are kind of spread throughout the subforum, it must be a pain to browse. Maybe a sticky thread with links would help.

gooeytek gooeytek I got your email about the Newsletter but for some reason can't find the second one you sent. If I'm not mistaken it had some questions about the Cowbells. If you could resend it that would be great.

Or I'm imagining things and should lay off the glue!
airplane-glue.gif

Back