A Tale Of A 119 Special.

One of the many reasons I tend to stand firm at times. Probably shouldn't but its hard not to do.
Buck has been great to me and others.

One of the many reasons I tend to stand firm at times. Probably shouldn't but its hard not to do.
Buck has been great to me and others.

Buck is a company that it is difficult for me not to support. You're right, they do treat people right. Something not as common as it should be these days.

That's awesome, and it makes me want a 119 even more.

When the knife funds are there I will own a Buck 119 !

Due to my stubborn persistence to get a 119 in factory lefty leather sheath without paying extra I had to pass on multiple occasions,
However after a pleasant experience emailing Buck I was informed I could easily swap an unused leather sheath by mail.

How many other companies even offer left handed fixed blade sheaths, let alone ones who would let you swap sheaths ?

That's awesome, and it makes me want a 119 even more.

When the knife funds are there I will own a Buck 119 !

Due to my stubborn persistence to get a 119 in factory lefty leather sheath without paying extra I had to pass on multiple occasions,
However after a pleasant experience emailing Buck I was informed I could easily swap an unused leather sheath by mail.

How many other companies even offer left handed fixed blade sheaths, let alone ones who would let you swap sheaths ?
What is your budget?

Just don't have any extra money right now. Hobby's aren't always the most important thing, plus I'm waiting to see what kind of deal I can find on one at Walmart around Christmas.
They have blem 119 in the factory store. Just bought one with 5160 steel.

They have blem 119 in the factory store. Just bought one with 5160 steel.
Any idea how much a standard 119 blem cost from the factory store ? do you even get a sheath with it ? And where's the factory store ? ( I don't like to order things online )
I know I normally see the 119 for about 45$ around Christmas.

Any idea how much a standard 119 blem cost from the factory store ? do you even get a sheath with it ? And where's the factory store ? ( I don't like to order things online )
I know I normally see the 119 for about 45$ around Christmas.
Call me at 509 280 2411

Yes, comes with nylon sheath. The red sticker is backwards I believe. The blood groove has some rough mill marks is the only blem I can find. The 5160 version 119 with Brass and phenolic handle is my favorite version.

The factory store is real close in pricing to say any large department store.
Yeah, I need the leather sheath so I can send it to them in exchange for a left handed one. Plus the leather sheath is what I want.
Thanks for the info, but I'm just going to pick one up at Walmart one day when I'm grocery shopping around Christmas.

Yeah, I need the leather sheath so I can send it to them in exchange for a left handed one. Plus the leather sheath is what I want.
Thanks for the info, but I'm just going to pick one up at Walmart one day when I'm grocery shopping around Christmas.
I live next to Buck. No problem getting one if you need one.

yep
in store. But Im happy to get one for someone.

That is unbelievably kind. Very "Buck-like" :D I would take this offer if I had the cash!!! Are the 102 and 110 blems cheaper than the non-blemished ones or would they be about the same price?

EDIT:
The factory store is real close in pricing to say any large department store.

Reading does help doesn't it? lol :p

Great story, thanks for posting and good on Buck Knives - they sure are great folks!

Back