Photos A Tale of Two Grinds, by Benchmade

Just got a 940-1802, thought it looked different than my 940-1. Measured with some calipers, and was really surprised by the grind differences.

Perhaps it spent a little too much time on the wheel?

i45hpl1x9q631.jpg

On a positive note, called benchmade, I'm going to send it in, i might pay $30ish bux, but at least i'll have a thinner blade that can cut better.

I would be OOL with a lot of other companies.

Sadly bought second hand, wasn't apparent until I cut something, then looked at it next to my 940

I have gotten 940s that I've thought man, this blade doesn't seem as wide as I remember.

Everytime i see youre avatar on the benchmade forum its 100% negative.
If I was you stay of it .and stop beating yourself up.
Just saying like pal,
Chill down a bit it's only a knife for crying out loud.

I have no idea what this has to do with my reply. If the knife was bought new, the OP shouldn’t have to wait for Benchmade to replace the blade. Since it was bought used, OP’s only choice was to send it in for a reblade, which he did. None of what was said in this thread was opinion...just straight facts. If you have a problem with facts, this forum may not be the place for you.

If you’d been around this forum longer, you’d know that I was/am a Benchmade fan. It took years of subpar offerings and bad QC from them to turn me into the critic you think I am. I still occasionally buy their products (560-1 about a month and a half ago) in the hopes that they are changing their tune.

Do you want me to be happy that a company I support is consistently churning out crap? Sounds like you either have a problem with me, or you’re in denial of the things I say. I, and others, have documented (with proof) our QC issues on this forum over and over to a company that seems to have their fingers in their ears. This forum is literally an R&D department that pays Benchmade, and they couldn’t give a rat’s cheesy anus. We’ve had company representatives tell us for years they are forwarding our issues to their respective departments, but it doesn’t seem to be making a lick of difference.

I’m a critic because I want the company to succeed. If that’s a problem for you, the ignore button is located above where it says “Member Since:”

Back