A Time to be Thankful

I think it’s important in these difficult times, that we strive to “accentuate the positive” and to be thankful for the simple things.

As for me, I so very much appreciate my wife and the almost constant attention I receive from her now that she too, is “working from home.”

I had no idea about all things I’ve been doing wrong when she hasn’t been here. I am so truly thankful for the loving corrections I receive all day. Every day. About almost everything.

Isolation Day No. 17

Scott Free :)

How to get your wife's attention: Sit in a comfortable chair next to hers. She will immediately notice and suggest something that needs to be done.

great that you realize this!
there is nothing like
some morale support
through thick and thin
and to experience what true quality
of life really is..
you're in absolutely good hands.

I’ve never been married and don’t even have a GF at this time. But I am thankful...not only now during the lockdown, but have been thankful for years. I have my health. I have my home. I have (or had before the lockdown) a pretty low-stress occupation helping others. I pursue various interests. I have a good support group of people who shares many of my interests and passions (not knives, though) :).

I never feel “lonely” in my life. Why would I be? I am also pursuing various goals to enrich my life even more, and to move up to the next level.

None of the things mentioned sound special to anybody else, but they are a few of MY things that make me happy, and that I’m always grateful for. Gratitude should always be practiced, because the vast majority of us have SOMEthing to be thankful for, often a lot more than we realize.

Jim

Last edited:
I am thankful that I and my siblings still have work and that I made it home before the lockdown. My Mom will be so sad if she is alone during this pandemic. What I just pray for now is my brother's safety as he works as a nurse and that his test result is negative.

Good thread.
I have tons to be grateful for.

Thanks everyone for the reminder.

Back