A time to give...

Just a thought,
I think that everyone should be buying Khukuris for this next up and coming Christmas. Yeah, it is Feb. but with Pala going Krazy, and 20% off of anything in stock (last time I heard) due to Maoists. I think it is the perfect time to think about others.

I just see so many people that could use a khukuri, and so many khukuris that dont go home. :(

(Well, not immediately at least.)

Most of my friends have no interest in such fine tools.

Mine either. I've bought two as gifts and never heard a word back about them:( (well one I did but I had to ask)Yeah, I know its not the point of giving, but I'm only human. I would go crazy if someone gave me a khukuri! There are some weird people out there like S.Dave said.

I do have one relative that would appreciate a lovely gift from Nepal. I placed a special order last month for one as a gift. Of course, in order to keep up with the Jones' I had to order two :D :) :rolleyes:

I am determined to give my brother one next time I see him...I just dont know which one yet.

He is a musician...I worry about him. :p ;)

I had to ask his momma first, but since Paula is really close to me she had to say yes.:D
Needless to say John Jr. was tickled exstatically, as was grandpa for starting out a new knife and khukuri knut.:)
I also gave him the 1st prototype of the model I started for the YCS. I was real proud of John as he asked me for it in a real nice way, gotta say I'm quite proud of momma and daddy as well for the upbringing the kids are getting.:)
The reason I say that, besides the obvious points, is because when John asked me for it I told him I would have to think about it as it was the 1st prototype for the YCS and I explained to John just what that means and he never asked me again or bugged me about it like so many kids would've done.
John was asleep when his momma was packing the night before and since I had his khukuri put up I retrieved it and the uncompleted wood model and gave them to Paula to pack.
The next morning as they were getting ready to leave John came over and asked me about his Khukuri and I told him that I had it taken care of.
He didn't question that which also made me proud.

I aked Paula what John's reaction was when she gave him the wood model after they got home. She said his eyes got real big and he said, "That model means a lot to grandpa and because of that it means a lot to me."
I guess we all know who the 1st YCS and my using YCS will go to when I walk West.:D
John's also quite the "Cock of the Walk" so to speak in his neighborhood because there's not another 8 year old that has anything near like a khukuri!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking of next X-mas or John's b'day that a subscription to Blade may be just the ticket.:cool: :D

Yeah! HI makes real knives for real use!

My dad, a real outdoorsman who turns 65 next month is fairy indifferent to my "itsy-bitsy" knives (folders and small fixed blades). I'm confident he will take to the WWII coming in like a duck to water and retire his trusty parang he has been using for the last 20+ years.

But here's an idea: Why dont we nominate somebody who really could use a khuk but dont have one (yet) and pass round the hat to pay for it. I would be willing to chip in for something like that. Or would it be too much hassle involved?

Andrew Limsk

Originally posted by redvenom
Yeah! HI makes real knives for real use!

My dad, a real outdoorsman who turns 65 next month is fairy indifferent to my "itsy-bitsy" knives (folders and small fixed blades). I'm confident he will take to the WWII coming in like a duck to water and retire his trusty parang he has been using for the last 20+ years.

But here's an idea: Why dont we nominate somebody who really could use a khuk but dont have one (yet) and pass round the hat to pay for it. I would be willing to chip in for something like that. Or would it be too much hassle involved?

Andrew Limsk

I have been thinking about Andrews idea ever since I read it and think it is a good one. So here is my "nomination".

Instead of buying just one khuk for someone we pitch in and buy four. Give one each to a Marine, SEAL, Ranger and Air Force Combat Controller currently serving in Afghanistan. Chances are that not only will they like it but their buds will too. This could lead to increased sales for HI. It would also be interesting to get their evaluations from them. I would think that a BAS or WWII would be good choices. That's my two cents.

Originally posted by CoalBlack

I have been thinking about Andrews idea ever since I read it and think it is a good one. So here is my "nomination".

Instead of buying just one khuk for someone we pitch in and buy four. Give one each to a Marine, SEAL, Ranger and Air Force Combat Controller currently serving in Afghanistan. Chances are that not only will they like it but their buds will too. This could lead to increased sales for HI. It would also be interesting to get their evaluations from them. I would think that a BAS or WWII would be good choices. That's my two cents.

And what about the UK forces who are actually doing the peacekeeping in Afghanistan....

Originally posted by beoram

And what about the UK forces who are actually doing the peacekeeping in Afghanistan....

Ben,

I did think of that but declined from including them because I have no idea how the British military views the carrying of personal weapons by it's troops. The American military on the other hand does allow it the last I heard. No slight was meant and certainly I don't expect any one who is the citizen of another country to contribute to the purchase of a khurkuri meant to go to American troops.

Uncle,

I don't know at this time how to do it but I know it can be done because it has been done before during Desert Storm. At that time custom knife makers and collecters did the same thing I have suggested. Just have to find out how it's done.

Back