**a very important announcement**

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Due to circumstances beyond my control with the pending divorce and under advice from counsel, I am now unable to accept online payment, distribute, or otherwise sell any products until January 2, 2016. I am allowed to finish up loose ends, which I will be doing in the coming week. Loose ends can include completing payments for product already shipped, shipping prepaid products, answering customer emails and questions, and completing or servicing any warranty claims.

Kind of limiting. Maybe even more than "kind of" limiting. I can't post online what I really think of it..........

I am heartbroken to have this happen, but it is my hope that by the beginning of next year my situation will have changed enough to allow me to continue Evans Knife and Tool. I know it is almost business suicide to stop selling a product in the middle of its popularity, but I am trying to look at this positively. I am going to use the next 4 1/2 weeks to completely revamp my entire order process from communications to sales. 2016 will present a leaner, more efficient EK&T.

The Companions that are sitting on my desk and the 4th run waiting list are not going anywhere. They will still be there at the beginning of the year. I know several of you wanted them by Christmas. Please get in touch with me via email and we can figure something out.

I am still moving forward with the new models. Guys, please hang tough. I didn't see this coming. Hopefully I never get good at this whole divorce thing.

I will answer any questions. You all know I don't hold much back.

“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.”

Let us know when you're back in business. I was looking forward to buying one of your knives in the near future.

Popularity or not, good products sell themselves. Better to get everything right and move on than to try and dance between holes in the floor. Chin up man, you've got a dedicated following!

I know you'll get through it Brian. Divorce isn't an easy thing to go through, but stay strong.

I hope all turns out well for you, as well as a bad situation can.
Do what you must, it will all work out I am sure.
I for one appreciate you keeping us informed. Not a easy thing to talk about.

On a selfish note, I mailed my payment. Where does that leave me?

Happy ? Thanksgiving.:D

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping us informed, Mr. Evans. Though I don't have one of my own yet, it's clear you have a spectacular product with a loyal following. Your blades are clearly worth it, so we'll be here once you have everything sorted out. You'll come out of this stronger. :)

That's no good. I'm sorry Brian. I'm sure all who have bought or plan on buying from you will still be here when you can return, I love the knife! Maybe this will give you time to come up with new designs and or get some product stock in so you can start distributing more. I can't wait for the orange scales, i'll be putting them on as soon as i receive them! I hope that it all comes through for you, you've made a customer for life from me, awesome product. Use this time to grow your business ideas and goals and when you come back, it'll be all squared away and ready to rock. Hold tight, january will be here in no time.

Brian, per my email add me to your companion wait list - run 4 or 5 or whatever you can work out - I'll wait.

Best wishes as you transition. Onward and upward.

Brian, hold on ! It will get better, just hang on... I'm staying connected and will be there as soon as you saddle up !

Brian,

I am with the others that think you have nothing to worry about in regards to the sales and popularity of your product. Sharing such a private personal matter with us says a lot, and I for one appreciate how up front and open and honest you are with your customer base. The time will go fast and before you know it, you'll be shipping hundreds more of the Companion. We're already about half way there.

I can honestly say that I've carried my Companion every single day since I've received it. Love this knife. Swapping my scales now for a bit, just because I can. With all the edges rounded off, it would be a perfectly good neck knife without any scales as well. Just gets better and better.

Brian,

I've enjoyed the knife from the 3rd run this far. The fit and form is great for an edc neck knife and while occasionally wearing it outside my shirt in public I rarely have people stare at me. I'm sure you'll work through this rough time. You have a great product and I'm sure it will continue to sell. Wish you the best in getting through this. Hope I never have to go through it.

Just made it here and read this....sorry to hear that you have to go through this. It's never easy. I've watched my parents and the majority of my friends go through it and it can be terrible. But, keeping a calm and clear head and trying to leave emotions out of things can help.

I hope that it passes quickly and as easily as can be expected.

I look forward to better news in the new year.

Wow - I had just posted and sent you a PM in another forum trying to get a Companion, and I came here and saw this.

Well, if it means anything to you - I know exactly what you're going through. Hang in there. You'll make it through.

I posted in the thread for the 4th Companion Run - I'm happy to wait until the knives are shipping again. I hadn't heard about
these knives until yesterday, and when I saw a pic of one I decided right away to order one.

Thanks,

-Warren-

Back