Attention A very Special HI Raffle!

Bawanna

Before his untimely passing our good friend and fellow forumite BigBore custom ordered this Ceremonial Sirupati.
It's 40" overall length and 78 oz.
I'll have to get back to you with the maker and the wood type.
Made by Kumar and the handle is Bamboo Root.

Here's the deal. Per Yangdu's instruction we're going to raffle it off. The cost of this blade was large! It cost 60 bucks just to ship it, had to come alone as it was too long to ship with other normal size knives.
Math ain't my strong suit but I figure we need to sell 50 chances at 25 bucks each.
This might take awhile but the reward will be huge.

Here's how it will work (I hope). You'll create a post in this thread indicating how many chances you want to purchase. Then you'll send Yangdu the 25 bucks per chance directly to Yangdu. I'll create a ticket for each chance you purchase.
If you use PayPal DO NOT use the word Raffle anywhere in your transaction. Apparently that's a bad thing they don't like. Just put Ceremonial knife or something.
When we get to 50 tickets sold we'll make the draw and Yangdu will send the knife direct to the winner.

I won a beautiful Katana when I first joined the forum. First thing I ever won in my life and HI has been lucky and kind to me ever since.

I will buy chances as I can afford them to reach the 50 goal, but I will not accept the knife if I win. I will draw a second chance. If I buy tickets for friends etc, I will put their name on the chance. Fair Enough?

Here's the only picture Yangdu sent me. It's better than I thought looking at it earlier.

Any questions or concerns let me know and we'll address them.
Lets try to keep this thread just for purchasing chances.

I'll post a tally of chances sold from time to time.

Thanks for playing.

Ceremonial Knife 1.jpg Ceremonial Knife 2.jpg

Last edited:
Before his untimely passing our good friend and fellow forumite BigBore custom ordered this Ceremonial Sirupati.
It's 40" overall length and 78 oz.
I'll have to get back to you with the maker and the wood type.

Here's the deal. Per Yangdu's instruction we're going to raffle it off. The cost of this blade was large! It cost 60 bucks just to ship it, had to come alone as it was too long to ship with other normal size knives.
Math ain't my strong suit but I figure we need to sell 50 chances at 25 bucks each.
This might take awhile but the reward will be huge.

Here's how it will work (I hope). You'll create a post in this thread indicating how many chances you want to purchase. Then you'll send Yangdu the 25 bucks per chance directly to Yangdu. I'll create a ticket for each chance you purchase.
If you use PayPal DO NOT use the word Raffle anywhere in your transaction. Apparently that's a bad thing they don't like. Just put Ceremonial knife or something.
When we get to 50 tickets sold we'll make the draw and Yangdu will send the knife direct to the winner.

I won a beautiful Katana when I first joined the forum. First thing I ever won in my life and HI has been lucky and kind to me ever since.

I will buy chances as I can afford them to reach the 50 goal, but I will not accept the knife if I win. I will draw a second chance. If I buy tickets for friends etc, I will put their name on the chance. Fair Enough?

Here's the only picture Yangdu sent me. It's better than I thought looking at it earlier.

Any questions or concerns let me know and we'll address them.
Lets try to keep this thread just for purchasing chances.

I'll post a tally of chances sold from time to time.

Thanks for playing.
She made the offer to me first but I bought so many I couldn't afford the price! But I will buy a chance! Ms Yangdu is a precious lady....as you and everyone knows!

George Azar

I'm new to the forums, but after getting my first from HI I'm gonna be on these forums regularly. aaaaaaaaaand I'm gonna buy one of these tickets for sure!

Actually... I might buy 2 or 3 tickets. Is there a deadline in mind yet?

Last edited:
Probably no deadline. The forum has been incredibly slow of late and I'm sure it's going to take a while to sell enough chances.
It's my hope that many will buy multiple chances and shorten the time.

Perhaps we should add the verbiage, money sent or something so there's no confusion for me in adding the desired number of chances for each person.

I'm glad you found us, we need an infusion of new folks to keep going.

Just noticed Yangdu added a few pictures. Kind of puts it in perspective a whole lot better than the first one.
Pemba looking good as always holding one heck of a nice blade.

I think that looks like Kumar's mark on the blade, which would make sense. I'll get things started by buying 2 chances @ $25 each. I just sent Yangdu $50 via PayPal friends & family.

If you use PayPal best not to use the words -RAFFLE or KNIFE - I recommend these payments go through as
BIGBORE CUSTOM. Obvious to Yangdu and Bawanna what it means and won't raise eyebrows at PP.

Just sayin'

Ray

Excellent idea and duly noted.
Also Yangdu just confirmed Mopar was right, Kumar did make this knife and the handle is bamboo root.

Lets please please please keep this to I'm buying X number of chances.
Not I'm going to buy or I might buy. It gets very confusing to keep track of who and how many and everything. Yangu just advised of Georges purchase. So we are comparing notes. I want to be just as fair to everyone as we possibly can be.

RayseM's post is good and don't clog my brain. We'll just put BigBore Custom if anything at all.

I sent $25 thru PayPal yesterday evening! Kumar is my favorite maker! Good luck to everyone!

I have to have that! Ive been asking for a 40 inch khuk for as long as I can remember! what do I do!? take my money!! 4 or more tickets on the first. I will post again to make it official when I have paid. Im going to buy as many as I can. This is really nerve racking. Keep us posted Banawa. I hope I have enough time! I will pray for this knife. Thank you

Last edited:
sorry - Bawanna* I can only edit posts once I learned
oh wait I found the edit button. oops.

I also wanted to add I am sorry to hear about the passing of Bigbore. I will pray for him & his family. Condolences

Last edited:
Good, I have to finish sharpening and customizing a few hatchets to get back money to buy in.

Back