A Word Game... With Knives! Closed for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Okay friends, are you familiar with alliteration? It's where you take two words that begin with the same letter, and string them together. So what I am looking for are word pairings that are alliterative and clearly related to knives, knife design styles, materials, etc., and especially related to days of the week, or the names of the month.

So for example, we've all heard of Wharncliffe Wednesday, right? Or how about Fixed Blade Friday? Yes, that last one is sort of fast and loose because it's three words, and Blade starts with B. No problem, this is just for fun.

And as usual, please let's keep it a completely family friendly, controversy free game, and with nothing related to cursing, innuendo, religion or politics. Thanks!

I'll go first. Okay.... Monday. What starts with M related to knives ... Aha, Micarta Monday! And I'll try to think of something for January before I hit "Create Thread" just to show I have some some real effort, because J and knives is not a connection I have ever made before, I think.

Okay. Umm.....

Jackknife January!

What else have we got?

Keeping with the month theme:
(Fantastic) Friction Folder February.
(Magical) Machete March

Honestly, I could probably manage all of the months...maybe...but I'll leave them for everyone else. Ok. I lied. I can't. Unless I could use jackknife again. Or you'd accept micarta's lesser know cousin jicarta for use in July. I mean Jicarta July has a nice ring to it.

Also there's this. It's technically knife related:

Sally's skinny slashing seax shucks seeds suitably so she sews spinach seeds speedily saving seconds so she sleeps soundly sooner.

I think I'm gonna need a new "mind blown" pic soon. Awesome!

By the way, do they make Jicarta in Jakarta? :D

David's dagger displays direct, discerning design; disarming disdain, delivering delight, deliberately dutiful.

And if you are referring to this one:
IMG_0155.JPG

The customer deserves most of the credit, as the design was mostly his idea. I was just along for the ride.

Saber Sunday
Martensitic Monday
Tempering Tuesday
Wootz Wednesday
Tang Thursday
Flipper Friday
Switchblade Saturday

Jigged January
Friction Folder February.
Machete March
Autoknife April
Milling May
Jimping June
(Slip) Joint or Jicarta July
Assisted August
Sheepfoot September
OTF October
Nail Nick November
Damascus December

And naturally, authentic Jicarta is made Jakarta; but don't confuse it with Jacarta which is made in Jamaica. They are similar products, but Jicarta is widely considered better for knife making applications.

16165398963552054886460.jpg

I'm sorry David that this isn't one of your works, but it is from another great maker who is a forum supporter...

I present...
Wild Willie's Wharncliff Whistfully Waiting on the Wheel of the bucket Truck for Tuesday To Turn into Wednesday.

Do I get extra points for using two alliterations in the same sentence? :p

Wun point for the first awwiteration, Two points for te tecond, and Three thor the beautithul knithe. But you're gonna be hard pressed to catch up with FlashierthanIletonbytheway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back