About the Victorinox Soldier's Knife

Those are actually issued to the German military.Since they are basically a non combat military force,that's my guess why you don't see the Victorinox Soldiers Knife with a black out blade.The ones I've seen them carry even have a rounded tip.

Those are actually issued to the German military.Since they are basically a non combat military force,that's my guess why you don't see the Victorinox Soldiers Knife with a black out blade.The ones I've seen them carry even have a rounded tip.
I own one(the swiss version) and it has a "forced" sheepsfoot because of the serrations ,and the German army has the KM2000 as a fighting knife.
But still for military knife that may be used in the dark has to be black,it just strange to me.

I own one(the swiss version) and it has a "forced" sheepsfoot because of the serrations ,and the German army has the KM2000 as a fighting knife.
But still for military knife that may be used in the dark has to be black,it just strange to me.
It's really more of a utility knife much like the U.S. Camillus that wouldn't likely be used in the dark.

All armies, German included, are potentially combat forces. The Vic soldier, however, is not for combat but is a camp knife. No need for blacking.

Since they are basically a non combat military force,that's my guess why you don't see the Victorinox Soldiers Knife with a black out blade.

[video=youtube;YyO-SCiqfx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyO-SCiqfx0[/video]

Back