Recommendation? Abrasion resistant pocket clip?

I have a benchmade 940. Love the knife, Only issue is i'm a hobbyist mechanic. I roll around on the concrete often and i have worn down the tip of the factory pocket clip to a sharp point. Do they sell abrasion resistant pocket clips? High carbon pocket clips?

What clip has it got? The parkerised ones are pretty durable.
The factory black clip that comes with the 940. It's a mild steel that is just stamped out and sent through a tumbler to get the edges off. It has benchmade stamped in the side of it.

Would a titanium clip stand up to the concrete abrasion you're talking about? I have no idea. But you could try a titanium clip from MXG Gear or Lynch. They make clips for Benchmade knives.

Would a titanium clip stand up to the concrete abrasion you're talking about? I have no idea. But you could try a titanium clip from MXG Gear or Lynch. They make clips for Benchmade knives.
I was looking into that. Do you happen to have any reputable venders to buy from? Or just them directly?

Sorry, I’ve seen them mentioned but never bought one. Not sure which of the member dealers here carries them.

I think you should try to make a pocket clip out of manganese steel. its a relativley soft steel that work hardens to very high hrc rating on the surface. Thats the stuff railways are made out of.
Its wear resistance is absolutely incredible.
It has almost mind-bending mechanical properties, but its really weird to work with. It does not behave like any other steel. So making one could be a real challenge.

I don't know if any pocket clip will stand up to that kind of abuse. I had an Emerson clip cerakoted and it's held up well through the years, but it's starting to wear and chip.

My suggestion would be to buy a few Titanium pocket clips from USAknifemaker and replace them when they start to wear down. They're relatively cheap and you can always flame anodize them to make them look nicer.

Titanium wont hold up any better than the steel clips. I think I would just buy a few replacement clips to swap out.

Back