Review Action of Mini & large Benchmade Onslaught.

After years of refusing to buy Benchmade knives I decided that I would give them a try. Due to major Q.C. problems of late I decided to get something from the earlier years. I chose the Onslaught's large and small. It was a little difficult finding two in really good condition but a little patience and perseverance and I found them. I was beyond pleasantly surprised by the Mini and taken aback by the size of the large one. I am not sure who it was designed for but he must have huge hands. I have other knives that are just as long that are easy to carry but this thing is a monster. I plan on keeping it for now but I don't think it will get much pocket time.
Now for the good: I have come to the conclusion that the Onslaughts have the best action hands down of any folders that I have had the opportunity to own or play with. I am sure their are other knives that are comparable, but I have never stumbled upon any. Just to be clear my collection does not consist of Chinese clones. I have the ZT 0452, Spyderco's with bearings some with Ceramic bearings but there is no comparison.It feels like they are riding on air cushions.
I have decided to start looking into some more Benchmades. I like the Amicus/Arcane but later found out that they are Axis assist. I'll keep looking and when I find one I like I will ask the vendor to check it before he sends it out. if you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Length should be 3.5" - 4". Lock type: All except the front lock, have it & don't like it.
Thanks for your time

I have a mini grip with the thumb hole and a Valet.
Have been carrying the mini grip for two years and got the Valet over a year ago and carry it most weekends.
I like them both and they are in your preferred size range.

Back