Active Duty

I've bought a Busse Active Duty on the second hand market. It won't arrive until Wednesday at the earliest but I'm looking forward to it
What do you owners think of yours?

I have a BG active duty. Fits great in my hand and I like the overall design. Would make a great edc but I have a few too many in the rotation right now so I haven't used it yet but look forward to it!

Curious to hear about others who have put them through their paces.

Last edited:
Being a newbie (piglet?) I had to Google a picture and specs.
Good looking blade at 2.5" and 1/8" thick.
Not too many produced, it would seems

Garth has said numerous times here that the AD was his go-to blade for many deer hunts.

The AD has been made over the years in various thicknesses. I prefer the Boney AD, made from thinner stock, and the heat treat was altered to give a hardness of Rc = 60 - 62, vs the typical INFI of Rc = 58 - 60.

I am hoping a slightly thick AD is offered soon or a mean street.

One of my favorite small knives. Crazy sharp and feels great in the hand.
This one has seen quite a bit of use.

qFoEWc8.jpg

f98mqXe.jpg

Garth has said numerous times here that the AD was his go-to blade for many deer hunts.

The AD has been made over the years in various thicknesses. I prefer the Boney AD, made from thinner stock, and the heat treat was altered to give a hardness of Rc = 60 - 62, vs the typical INFI of Rc = 58 - 60.
Same here, like the boney the best,,,

Guess I'm the outlier here - I didn't like the way mine felt in hand; so I ended up selling them both. It was disappointing because it's a great size & I carry small fixed blades quite frequently...but, a knife my hand doesn't like doesn't get carried.
Hope you find yours to be a great fit :thumbsup:

Great :eek: Now this thread is making me want another one o_O:p:D:thumbsup: Lol

I've only ever had two Bony Acrive Duty knives. The red/black g10, and a tan canvas one.

I should have kept the tan handles one. But I rotate through users, and cant keep them all.......

I like the BAD for the thinner grind and higher hardness. Cut better than my full convexed .22 GW in pumpkin and satin.

I love all of my AD's! :cool: They're all a little different, and each model has its pros and cons. The BAD is one of my primary archery hunting knives, and lives in my bow hunting pack. Great full-flat geometry and holds an edge forever.

The HACKtive Max Duty is a favorite fishing knife of mine. It usually lives in my ice fishing bag in the winter, and in one of my tackle bags in the summer. Wicked thin slicer, and stainless steel. :thumbsup:

The Leprechan AD is the looker of the bunch, with that awesome green coating and sweet multi-color green linen micarta. I lusted after this knife for a lot of years before scoring one.

Finally, the Battle Grade AD is one of my favorite color combos in bruiser and gray, and it's SR-101. What more needs to be said? :D

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

(Could have sworn I had a pic of all 4 together somewhere, but this was the best I could do.)

I got a military overrun AD. It apparently used to belong to a forum member....Leatherman....who got it from a buddy who enlarged the choil. Well after it changed hands a few times I picked it up from my buddy and I stripped it and polished her up. Sorry I dont have a pic of the sheath Leatherman made for it.20190427_143603.jpg
I've been on the fence if I should keep it? I dont use it much anymore and I carry a Hinderer FXM all the time. I'm thinking I should get rid of it and pick up a nice otf?!

Back