Actual use and clean up

Sounds like a plan Bawanna, I'll have a hard time keeping myself from it . . . but I'll try!

BTW, I think you're gonna like the M43. I can't keep my hands off it!

Sounds like a plan Bawanna, I'll have a hard time keeping myself from it . . . but I'll try!

BTW, I think you're gonna like the M43. I can't keep my hands off it!

Of course he's gonna like that M43. That thing is beautiful.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

You have my wife to thank for that M43. If it was my call it would be hanging on my knife rack as we speak.

I am awfully glad you finally got fixed up with a nice knife and of to a good start.

Don't hold back, if you get that CAK and want to go at it, go for it. I know what it's like to hold back and that's not good.

I do want to see em all though, the KLVUK, the M43 and the CAK.

Can't believe you got an M43 before me, dang new guys anyhow!;)

lol yeah bawanna im still waiting on my hanshee or m43 ! I am a shark but I always miss that frenzy !

Actually his M43 wasn't a shark fest it was in the sale area, we just managed to connect and put it together.

At least Slugger is local so maybe I'll get to fondle it now and then. (I hope)
I'd even be willing to pay a small sum for the privilege if it comes to that. Naw, I just ain't gonna beg. No way.

Thank you muszeuhs! It is a VERY NICE piece.

Bawanna, (dumb question) does your better half like chocolate? She needs to be rewarded. I'll bring it by anytime, I owe you one!

so cool you guys are that close together, one day we should have a HI cult meeting

Show me a woman that doesn't like chocolate? She's fine though, probably the less we bring knife talk up with her the better. She is quite fond of Auntie though, there was apparently an immediate connection when they met, well it got me too I guess so it must be a normal thing with Auntie.

She'll be happy that you got it and I didn't though. She don't really comprehend that all the knives are different, just like all the guns are different. She says the same thing about her jewelry, it all looks the same to me but she says it's all different. I never say no to her though, fortunately she's pretty easy on the bank account, unlike myself.

i'll have to figure out something to bring over for you guys. I'll shoot you an email to line up a time.

Yeah Gehazi a big get together would be fun, but we'd be tied up forever . . . Bawanna had to kick me out:)

Hey Slugger if you ever go back to your East Texas Home give me a holler! We must have lived only a few minutes from each other at one time? Beaumont Port Arthur area?
i'll have to figure out something to bring over for you guys. I'll shoot you an email to line up a time.

Yeah Gehazi a big get together would be fun, but we'd be tied up forever . . . Bawanna had to kick me out:)
We should find a place with good knife reciprocity laws and meet up mid continent somewhere! Somewhere where there is lots of wood to chop:D
Tennesee maybe? Gehazi has too much steel to move.

give me enough years and I will host the HI devotional in my compound. where we will raise shrines to yangdu in amish style

...We should find a place with good knife reciprocity laws and meet up mid continent somewhere! ...

If you do a forum search for "Khonvention" you will find that there were several "Khukuri Khonvention" get-togethers organized by HI forumites over the years.

I'll definitely take you up on that ndoghouse if I get back there. It's been at least 17 years since the last visit. I probably wouldn't recognize the place.

I decided to do a vinegar etch/forced patina on the blade of my bahadur. I am very pleased with the results:

IMG_1359.jpg

That temper line! :eek::thumbup:

Do HI do their own version of a Bahadur? The first khukuri I ever bought was from KHHI and it was this Bahadur model. I thought it was unique to KHHI. The description said it started out as a knife someone custom ordered to have a wider convex edge and a modern grip, so I'm kind of curious where you got yours, was it from the same place or is Bahadur a term for a type of khukuri, similar to Sirupati? Anyway, nice thick patina, here's mine. I do prefer HI khukuris for sure, though. I actually heard some people got ones that had bad heat treatment, but mine had no issues other than being a bit tight in the sheath. It was my first khukuri so I didn't have much to spend. They did the engravings for free, which was nice of them, but I think they look kind of ugly, or is it just me? I got it back in 2011, finally I have HI khukuris too!

qsjhxqJ.jpg

Last edited:
Back