AD-10 and AD-15 Shipping

For reference you can see a pic of the AD10 and the AK beside each other in my AD10 Mod thread.
This should give you a good idea of size, hope you have an AK as all CS fans should... I mean it a must!;)

Week or so after getting the AD15, was able to grab an AD10 off the Exchange too (been looking since and haven't seen any more 10s or 15s, so lucked out).

One thing that surprised me about this AD10, is how early the lock release is. This is the easiest Tri-Ad lock I've ever had to unlock. Almost too easy, like if you grabbed the handle just right, very tightly, it could unlock just from the grip. The 4-Max in the pic below is the opposite...almost have to push the lock bar below the cutout to unlock it.

As for carrying, definitely like the 15 better, as it is less bulky than the 10. But still a bit large for my tastes, so not sure how much I will actually carry it.

IMG_5208x.jpg

What do you think of the scorpion lock? (ease of use, I assume Demko does not design locks that are not strong enough).

What do you think of the scorpion lock? (ease of use, I assume Demko does not design locks that are not strong enough).
Extremely easy to operate the lock, just like a frame lock but obviously with a bit of that extra demko strength. It's very fidget friendly.

Hey thanks to the guys who recommended the Recon1. I just received my first Cold Steel folder today.Because I like it, I will eventually take the next step and get an AD-10 or 15. I will probably sandpaper the scales on the Recon 1 it feels like a pants shredder. Really a good deal at the price I paid for S35vn and G-10 compared to my CQC-7.

Almost 2 weeks after my first post in this thread and the AD10 is still out of stock all over. Seems very strange to release a few, and then nothing? One site lists them as “delayed by the manufacturer”.

Almost 2 weeks after my first post in this thread and the AD10 is still out of stock all over. Seems very strange to release a few, and then nothing? One site lists them as “delayed by the manufacturer”.

Someone posted that Cold Steel says more are coming in May. I am waiting for an AD-15 myself!

I found a couple of sellers on the auction site selling AD-15’s at a fair price buy it now. Actually, slightly less than the retail street price.

I received my new AD-15 today. It is an impressive piece of cutlery.

Very interesting lock. I still don’t know why it is called a “scorpion” lock other than that is what Demko calls it.

Mine was incredibly tight and stiff. It was almost impossible to open using the stud. However, after loosening the pivot slightly, it is a lot better. It was cranked down pretty tightly.

Last edited:
I received my new AD-15 today. It is an impressive piece of cutlery.

Very interesting lock. I still don’t know why it is called a “scorpion” lock other than that is what Demko calls it.

Mine was incredibly tight and stiff. It was almost impossible to open using the stud. However, after loosening the pivot slightly, it is a lot better. It was cranked down pretty tightly.

Watch your hand positioning. It's really easy to put pressure on the lockbar and hold it closed.

Watch your hand positioning. It's really easy to put pressure on the lockbar and hold it closed.

Thanks, I figured that issue out pretty quickly! It is very easy to hold the lockbar in. I have to conciously keep from pushing it. I was doing it until I noticed it!

The CS AD10 is awesome. I've had a few custom AD10s, and shockingly, the Cold Steel is superior. Perfect centering, no blade play, and smooth-as-glass action. 10/10.

Back