AD-10 and AD-15 Shipping

20190426_181717.jpg

Breaking in nicely;)
SmartSelect_20190427-193852_Gallery.gif

Last edited:
Shitty considering they were both $150 at some point. I won’t be getting one now due to the hike
MAP pricing is going to make my life simpler by eliminating choices.
Free market capitalism is probably overrated.
And I used to think I liked it!!?!

MAP pricing is going to make my life simpler by eliminating choices.
Free market capitalism is probably overrated.
And I used to think I liked it!!?!

MAP pricing makes me move to other companies. Since most of my favorites have gone to MAP I’ve enjoyed other brands.

Have you guys noticed any up and down movement with the AD-15? It mostly goes away when gripping with the yoke, but there seems to be a fair bit of movement when gripping from just the scales. I'm just wondering if that is by design.

Have you guys noticed any up and down movement with the AD-15? It mostly goes away when gripping with the yoke, but there seems to be a fair bit of movement when gripping from just the scales. I'm just wondering if that is by design.
Contact our customer service and we'll check on that for you.

I had a custom ad-15 that did that. I believe it’s just the nature of the lock

Love everything about the AD 10, Except the clip. Am I the only one who thinks it looks like an afterthought installed by a second grader

I don t like up and down play when my knife is locked open. I have a couple of well known back lock folders that have up and down play. Doesn t seem to hurt the function, but makes the f and f seem sloppy.
I ve never had a Cold Steel triad lock with that problem, even after months of hard use.

I don t like up and down play when my knife is locked open. I have a couple of well known back lock folders that have up and down play. Doesn t seem to hurt the function, but makes the f and f seem sloppy.
I ve never had a Cold Steel triad lock with that problem, even after months of hard use.
Well send it in for inspection! It shouldn't have any blade play, not one of our knives comes like that.

Well send it in for inspection! It shouldn't have any blade play, not one of our knives comes like that.
The well known backlocks I was referring to were made by another company. All of my Cold Steel backlocks have been rock solid.

Thanks for the offer. Typical of Cold Steel s first rate customer service. Part of what makes your knives the best value for my money on the market.

Last edited:
I m thinking about getting an AD 10. But I m happy with my Ultimate Hunter and also like my SR1, which hasn't t gotten much use yet, but is a fine knife to own.
For people who own all three , what would be the reason for me adding the AD 10 to my collection?

There is no practical reason. For that matter you could sell your SR1 and Lawman too. Ultimate Hunter does it all except it's not a very stabby knife. I think it's their best large folder. Contoured scales are more comfortable.
AD10 is pretty awesome though. Super comfortable handle. Really nice action. Aluminum liners. Doesn't carry well though.

There is no practical reason. For that matter you could sell your SR1 and Lawman too. Ultimate Hunter does it all except it's not a very stabby knife. I think it's their best large folder. Contoured scales are more comfortable.
AD10 is pretty awesome though. Super comfortable handle. Really nice action. Aluminum liners. Doesn't carry well though.
I agree about the Ultimate Hunter being a great all around knife. It s one of three CS knives in my current edc rotation of five knives. The other two are the AL and the Recon1. I could make do with any one of the three, but each is a great knife in its own right. The SR1 is the knife that might get sold. It s quite a bit heavier than the Recon 1. The Recon 1 may not be as strong as the SR1 (or it might be). But it is as strong as I would ever need a folder to be.

I wonder if the AD10 is the same sort of knife, compared to the UH. The UH does all I would ever ask of the AD10 at a lighter weight and lower cost.
Is the weight of the AD10 the reason it doesn t carry well?

For me it's the width and thickness of the knife in my jean's pocket. It's ok for cargo pants but the weight is noticeable.

For me it's the width and thickness of the knife in my jean's pocket. It's ok for cargo pants but the weight is noticeable.

Yeah I like how the AD-15 carries more than the 10...basically the same blade but in a less bulky package

Back