Adding Grip to Phenolic Handles?

What sandpaper grit do you recommend for adding grip to phenolic handles? Or is there another method that can be used? Thanks.

I was surprised how “grippy” phenolic handles are when your hands are wet. I can’t say for sure how they are if you have blood on your hands since I don’t hunt, but sweat and water haven’t been a problem for me when using my 119. Talon grip tape or something similar might help though.

I was surprised how “grippy” phenolic handles are when your hands are wet. I can’t say for sure how they are if you have blood on your hands since I don’t hunt, but sweat and water haven’t been a problem for me when using my 119. Talon grip tape or something similar might help though.
Yup, me too.

I've heard other people complain about how slick they are, and maybe that's true if you're submerged or something, but I've found that if my hands are damp or the handle has just a bit of moisture on it the grip is just fine.

Admittedly I don't know about blood, I've never field dressed a deer with my 119 but I have used it for quartering, sknning, and making steaks (not a lot of blood there). Fat is slippery, but that's universally true for anything without really aggressive texturing.

Back