Adding TeroTuf as a standard option

Huntsman Knife Co.

Gold Member
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a heads up that I'm going to be adding TeroTuf as a standard handle option.

I've done a good deal of testing and its simply IMO the best handle material out there for hard use knives along with rubber. Its very comfortable and easy on the hands and its the toughest handle material there is. Micarta is very weak in comparison and while G10 is harder and more scratch resistant, it will crack and break long before terotuf. It also doesn't produce formaldehyde when ground like Micarta and it doesn't create aggravating and highly dangerous dust like G10. Its better for you, better for me, and better for the environment.

Ill still offer Micarta, G10, and wood etc... and do specialty handles and laminates but in the coming months I'd like to be mostly using terotuf as the standard option for machetes, hawks, and other big choppers. Its just that much better.

I'll add that it has a wonderful feel. Some may not like the aesthetic...it won't finish to a high polish, and always looks kind of rough / unfinished in the examples I've seen anyway, but it offers a lot of great texture, and matches well to a working blade finish.

Back