Additional smoke an prayers needed

Hello everyone, I humbly ask you all for smoke and prayers. I know Shavru is going through some tough times and I feel kinda of wierd askin for your prayers for my best friend... My MaineCoon cat named Mickey.

I know he is just a cat but there are alot of aminal lovers amongst the ranks here. He is ten years old and is my very best friend. He actually takes walks with me on a leash outside and I take him with me everywhere possible. I don't know what I would do without him.

Friday morning I noticed a pool of blood in front of his litter box. He has been extremely weak and dehydrated. He has continued to pee blood for the past couple days and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I have a appointment tomorrow at the vets office. He is still eating and drinking a little bit but he has lost a pound or two in the past couple days. He is a big cat around 15 lbs so 2lbs isn't a ton of weight loss but it is very noticable.

My wife and I are beside ourselves. We can't have children (prob why I can afford so many khuks). Mickey is my child which may seem strange but it is what it is.

So I humbly ask all of my friends here on the forum for smoke and prayers for my little buddy Mickey.

Smoke and well wishes going up from the SF Bay Area, for Mickey and family.

Smoke up for the family gb. Well wishes from the south.

e94d0265e009a1c81747c80fb5461148

371138c1964abacbd487348025e8a611

More smoke up from my critters to yours:)

Last edited:
Noticed your post and can relate, best wishes from the Northwoods to you and your buddy.

Sounds like kidney failure. Best wishes man and hope he makes it through. My pet (bearded dragon) was deathly sick about over a month ago. Waited a week to take him to the vet due to appointment and the vet said he had severe neuro damage and he wouldn't make it and that I should put him down. Well he's still kickin and got through the illness although he is permanently blind. Animals are tough as heck, best of luck.

Smoke and prayers, GB. My fingers are crossed. Went thru similar this past Sunday-Monday.

Thank you all very much. My wife and I are greatfull for all the support. He is still holding on and licked up some wet food gravy and water. I hope the vet can find a solution but I know it doesn't look good. I am trying to keep positive and your kind words makes that part easier.

This little guy had a similar problem not too long ago. He is doing fine now after a round of medicine and special food.

arby-1.jpg~original

Smoke from and prayers from HI and Kamis

Just passing thru but the kids and I will pray your cat /extended family.
Keep us updated on his progress (unless it's too painful of course.)

Don't feel weird. Those that would mock are fools. My cat is 16 years old. I love her. She is my four-legged friend, not just a cat. No need to preface that with anything as you know in your heart. I will send my positivity to him. He'll pull through.
-Phil

Back