Additional smoke an prayers needed

Update: First I wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words. My wife and I can't begin to thank you for all the positive energy, smoke, and prayers. We know it played a part in Mickeys improvement. The vet is optimistic yet cautious, she doesn't think its cancer or kindney failure. It's either a severe bladder infection or stones in the bladder. She is leaning towards an infection because his urine didnt have much grit to it. She gave him a I.V. Fluid to rehydrate and antibiotics. I have to give him IV fluids under his neck scruff for th next couple days.

These next three or four days will be the determining factor on whether we need to put the little guy down or not. It would kill us if we have to put him down but I don't want him to suffer. I am going to stay positive and keep up faith. All of your positivity and energy is much appreciated and please know how thankful we are. I will keep you updated, I know I missed a couple DOTD's the past couple days. Whom ever won that Kobra better feel lucky lol... I would of been all over that like white on rice lol. This shark is waiting a couple weeks for the vet bills to stop rolling in. My lil'guy is worth a missed khuk or two. I will be back in full toothed glory hopefully soon. I still don't have a Hanshee!

Last edited:
I thought I would put a face to the name. He has lost 3lbs so he isn't as chubby but I hope to get him chubby once he is well. His fighting weight is usually 15lbs or so. Here is Mickey...
IMG_0043_zps502fed71.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He walks with me on a leash outside. I get a lot of funny looks from people. Not to may 6'5 300lbs, bald headed, long bearded, cat lovers out there lol. The dog's name is Rue, she belongs to my boss but likes to visit my house because I live in a semi rural area...
IMG_0349_zps91b210eb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0337_zps7ff7ece9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mickey LOVES ripping up empty egg crates. He lives to "tear it up". He will actually tear up anything in his path if we say "tear it up good boy". Paper bags, paper plates, egg crates, newspaper... nothing is safe when Mickey is tearing it up!
IMG_0066_zps8e8212e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's my little guy, thanks again everyone for all the love.

Smoke up for you furry family member :)
glad they were able to figure it out and get Mickey on the right medication. I hope it is effective and he is as good as new soon.
May he have many more years of healthy happy ferocity towards paper goods :D

Thanks Shavru... Glad to see you back on the forums. We all missed you and were trying to send out some positive vibes. I hope you are doing better and thanks for the kind words about Mickey

UPDATE: Well the vet got it wrong the last time but we finally have a definite answer to Mickeys issues. He has a tumor in his bladder that is causing all these issues. We were hoping we could treat the "bladder stone" issue but the tumor is a much bigger problem. We are just going to make him comfortable for the rest of the time he has left. They were able to get him rehydrated and feeling better. He seems very happy now and is even playing with his little brother.

The vet said we should have a few to several more months with him. I don't have to by a special diet anymore because it isn't stones, I am going to spoil him with ham, cheese, chicken, or what ever else he wants. We are going to give him the best few months or the rest of his life. We are sadden by the news but we are also relieved we have more time with the little guy. A few months is a lot easier to deal with than a week or two. Thanks again for all your smoke and prayers, he pulled through a serious infection and lost half his weight but it looks like he will hold on for a few more months and we know it had a lot to do with all of your positive energy. Peace and love to all of you, thank you.

Hang in there gb. Hes a very lucky cat to have such good care and family. Peace and love to your family as well:thumbup:

Fill up the whole living room with egg crates and tell him to tear it up good!

Sorry to hear. I am sure having a few months is better than none at all. Enjoy your time together, and know that he'll be there to rejoin you when it's time.

Mickey is just beating you to the "Happy Pastures", he'll pick out a nice place for you and the family, so you can all be together again.

Very sorry to hear the update GB. I am pleased to hear how you plan to spend what time you have left with him. I am sure that the time spent will be special to you both. May the time you have be wonderful and I hope he is comfortable and happy as long as it lasts.

Sorry to hear. I am sure having a few months is better than none at all. Enjoy your time together, and know that he'll be there to rejoin you when it's time.

Mickey is just beating you to the "Happy Pastures", he'll pick out a nice place for you and the family, so you can all be together again.

Thanks cul4u01, that is how I am trying to look at it. I had a best friend of mine die in his early adulthood from a motorcycle wreck, he actually died in my arms. I know he has looked out for me before and I know he will be there to take Mickey. I am sure they will both be waiting for me on the other side along with others I have lost. Your words reminded to not forget that this life is not permanent. Dying in this life is like waking up from a dream and entering a new reality. I truly believe that and thank you for making that truth evident again.

Very sorry to hear the update GB. I am pleased to hear how you plan to spend what time you have left with him. I am sure that the time spent will be special to you both. May the time you have be wonderful and I hope he is comfortable and happy as long as it lasts.
Thanks Shavru, I hope you are feeling better too. We are going to give him the best few months of his chubby little life!

Thank you Phill, ndog and FinnSetanta for you kind words. They really do mean a lot to me.

Sending up some caring energy. Our pups are family as well.
Sorry I am late seeing this.

<3
Mark and Ladies

Back