Adjusting the awesome CPK sheath

No doubt the CPK sheath is top notch as Kydex sheaths go. Tough, well made, great for the 3V blade. But I find the Tek Lok attachment a little bulky and that it carries the knife a bit high. So I tried to adjust it to what I feel is a somewhat more confortable carry. What do you think?
4007EFB8-15D6-4291-A4C1-1B66F6FFC1CE.jpeg

No doubt the CPK sheath is top notch as Kydex sheaths go. Tough, well made, great for the 3V blade. But I find the Tek Lok attachment a little bulky and that it carries the knife a bit high. So I tried to adjust it to what I feel is a somewhat more confortable carry. What do you think?
View attachment 1421461

Looks good. I have my CPK UF Kydex sheath TecLok set at a FBI cant. I just went to town a while ago and it rides with just touching the tip of the sheath to my captain chair. With the TecLok straight up and down the tip pokes into the seat cushion and is aggravating.

Edit: I updated the post with a more recent photo of my UF with the new ECAM scales on it that I scored.

UF-ECAM-6a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with you. I prefer the slight drop.

Teklok works but it's not my favorite. Knife both rides too high and sticks out too much, at least on my body.

If I'm concealing it, high ride is good. But sticks out too much to conceal as well as other options.

If I'm openly carrying it, I'm going with a drop loop because comfort.

I'm with you. I prefer the slight drop.

Teklok works but it's not my favorite. Knife both rides too high and sticks out too much, at least on my body.

If I'm concealing it, high ride is good. But sticks out too much to conceal as well as other options.

If I'm openly carrying it, I'm going with a drop loop because comfort.

It does ride kind of high. My leather vest covers it pretty good.

Good fix. I have the same complaint - too high & too bulky. I don't care much for kydex typically anyway because it makes too much noise but primarily I balk because the TecLok, as clever as it, is doesn't not wear well for waist belt carry. Will likely modify mine too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Here's what I do with sheaths I make for my own use. They aren't perfect, but they're cheap (probably $10 total materials).
Use 8-9 eyelets thorugh the webbing though. 8-8 is a bit short when using 0.8 kydex.

The webbing is 1.75" scuba webbing and is a lot stiffer than regular webbing. Im considering affixing a bit of kydex on the back of the loop to allow moment laterally but stiffen it for a horizontal draw. Who knows of it will work.

4furv1.jpg

After all my complaining ;) I realized this morning that the Kydex sheath I received yesterday (that I won't likely use now because I have the perfect leather sheath in its stead) had such a belt loop attachment. My hanging problem is resolved thank you. :) Noise is still an issue but I'll try to develop a stealth draw technique - especially when I'm in the woods.

Sheath-Mod-I.jpg

Sheath-Mod-II.jpg

Here's what I do with sheaths I make for my own use. They aren't perfect, but they're cheap (probably $10 total materials).
Use 8-9 eyelets thorugh the webbing though. 8-8 is a bit short when using 0.8 kydex.

The webbing is 1.75" scuba webbing and is a lot stiffer than regular webbing. Im considering affixing a bit of kydex on the back of the loop to allow moment laterally but stiffen it for a horizontal draw. Who knows of it will work.

4furv1.jpg

Good idea. As long as it works for you that's all that matters.

Also I might add that the screws in the TecLok only went into the slotted posts for a few threads when I changed it to the FBI cant because they don't line up perfectly, but they are close. So I replaced them with these .500 X .375 Torx Truss head SS Black Oxide screws. I have a big bag of all kinds and sizes of screws and posts and hardware.

After all my complaining ;) I realized this morning that the Kydex sheath I received yesterday (that I won't likely use now because I have the perfect leather sheath in its stead) had such a belt loop attachment. My hanging problem is resolved thank you. :) Noise is still an issue but I'll try to develop a stealth draw technique - especially when I'm in the woods.

View attachment 1423855

View attachment 1423856

That's really really nice

Looks good. I have my CPK UF Kydex sheath TecLok set at a FBI cant. I just went to town a while ago and it rides with just touching the tip of the sheath to my captain chair. With the TecLok straight up and down the tip pokes into the seat cushion and is aggravating.

Edit: I updated the post with a more recent photo of my UF with the new ECAM scales on it that I scored.

View attachment 1421599
Isn’t tilting the handle back the opposite of an fbi cant

Isn’t tilting the handle back the opposite of an fbi cant

I'm not sure what that would be called. I have mine at the forward cant on the right side for a cross-draw with my left hand. But I can pull it with my right hand if I want to. I carry my Glock in a shoulder harness.

Edit: I use a shoulder holster most of the time. If the situation calls for it then I'll carry my Black Mamba on my belt. I have many different holsters for it.

Last edited:
Back