Off Topic Advice for vacation Orlando

Vacation ordered for next summer, Orlando Fl.
Any of you hogs have advice on what to do/see while We are there?
Me and the wife, son 16 and daughter 13. .
Visit to Randall factory/museum is allready in the plans...

Cape Canaveral is about 1 hour away. You may want to take kids on a tour there. Cool to see the place that launches all the rockets into space.

Also, St. Augustine is 90 minutes away and it is the oldest city in the US. Another cool attraction point. Good for a day trip to walk around the town.

And of course, Orlando has tons of attractions that you can look into.

Whirly Ball. May have spelled it wrong. In downtown Disney...or just outside of it. Bumper Cart basketball/lacrosse sorta...tons of fun. We had a blast and just stayed 25 minutes outside of Orlando, I never even went into Disney and there is plenty of entertainment to suit the simple minded like me. Your kids are going to have a memorable time. Congrats.

Last edited:
One advice I can give for the Disney theme parks, go on weekdays and plan other activities on Saturday/Sunday. That way the park will be a little less crowded. You can always go the Express Pass route but they are usually about $75.00/$100 a day on top of the Park admission for the day. (It gets expensive.). I will say the second time we went we did stay On-Property and that was better although the Hotel/Motel was a little more expensive. We didn't stay in one of the High Rises that are $300/night & more. We stayed at on of the 3 or 4 story Motel like areas. It had a big parking lot right there. The room was clean and nice with a swimming pool and the Park shiuttles picked up right in front. If you are staying for a week, you will definitely get tired of Park food but there are lots of Restaurants & such just outside the park. I don't know if you are driving or will have a rental. As said above, both times I went to Orlando, we went to Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. Nice Beach and NASA is a really fun day. The first time we got super lucky and got to see the Space Shuttle take off while we were in Cocoa Beach. But our $85/night Motel jumped to $275.00 and we ended up having to drive about an hour to Jupiter just to get a room for the night. And then went back to Cocoa Beach the next nite and the rooms dropped back to regular price. ( The NASA-Files there for the Shuttle launch were definitely over the top.). Really tons of stuff to do within Disney and outside Disney all around Orlando.
Surfsidemel

Cocoa Beach and Ron Jon's Surf Shop! A must see at least once. I could spend most of my time at KSC and be happy (total Apollo freakazoid)

We did the Disney thing once, I'm good for life with once ;)

If you go to Disney, plan your time well in advance. Many of the larger Disney restaurants take reservations, and I highly recommend doing so to minimize your wait time; make your breakfast/lunch/dinner reservations weeks or even months ahead to get the times you want.

Back