• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-l utility knives (SOLD)

I have 3 kitchen utility knives up for grabs today. Each one is made from .062" AEB-L stainless steel which has been heat treated with a targeted hardness of 62-63 HRC. (includes LN2 soak) All 3 handles are made from stabilized ambrosia maple wood with stainless pins.

In the first two pictures blades will be 1-3 with 1 being the top and 3 at the bottom. The last two pictures, #1 is at the right and #3 at the left.

Option #1 SOLD has a 5" blade, 1 1/4" heel, and OAL of 9 1/4"
Option #2 SOLD has a 5 1/4" blade, 1 1/4" heel, and OAL of 9.5"
Option #3 DELISTED (keeping for myself) is a little different with more of a scandi grind and lower heel. 5 1/8" blade,
1 1/8" heel, and 9 1/4" OAL

asking $SOLD each which includes shipping in the US. I will ship international but buyer pays increased shipping cost.

I can accept payments through PayPal sent to kirbys65@hotmail.com and can accept checks but will wait for clearance before shipping.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg

Last edited:
I just put 2 in the heat treat oven so I can get you one just like option 1 and 2 if you'd like yet. #3 was the original drawing that 1 and 2 came from but I ended up shaping slightly different.
I’d take an option 2 Brotherman. Thank you.

Joe.

Any chance you have any option 1’s available?
The only thing I have available right now is the bottom one in the listing pictures of this listing: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2-stainless-kitchen-utility-knives.1755891/#post-20085003
It came from the same pattern but I modified it to give even more room to keep knuckles from hitting cutting board, and different handle scales. I can make a couple more more like the one you are referring to if you would rather have one like that. I do have more of that same block of wood that was used for those scales.

The only thing I have available right now is the bottom one in the listing pictures of this listing: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2-stainless-kitchen-utility-knives.1755891/#post-20085003
It came from the same pattern but I modified it to give even more room to keep knuckles from hitting cutting board, and different handle scales. I can make a couple more more like the one you are referring to if you would rather have one like that. I do have more of that same block of wood that was used for those scales.
I am particularly interested in the 5” blade profile of the #1 knife. And those handles are beautiful. I got here too late to see the price. How much would it run me back?

I am particularly interested in the 5” blade profile of the #1 knife. And those handles are beautiful. I got here too late to see the price. How much would it run me back?
I can definitely get to work on one, might be a week or so. I was charging $100 for them which includes shipping in the US.

Sounds great. Let’s do it. I’ve only bought one other knife on the exchange and am a bit ignorant of the process. How do we proceed?
you can email me at kirbys65@hotmail.com

For now I'll just work on it and when done I'll email a picture to make sure it's what you were looking for and then make payment and I'll ship it then.

Back