After Sale Lounge

Ha I figured I'd better not buy another one this week. Flat out of knife money and then a little bit extra. Bought four CPK knives in the last 18 months, and thanks to the first being a preorder, me combining shipping for two Friday sales in a row, and the shop move, I actually haven't even seen any of them yet, so I figure I'd better lay off for a bit.

... unless there's DEK1s in fancy scales and AEB-L, in which case, you know... take my money.

Ha I figured I'd better not buy another one this week. Flat out of knife money and then a little bit extra. Bought four CPK knives in the last 18 months, and thanks to the first being a preorder, me combining shipping for two Friday sales in a row, and the shop move, I actually haven't even seen any of them yet, so I figure I'd better lay off for a bit.

... unless there's DEK1s in fancy scales and AEB-L, in which case, you know... take my money.

Wait... are you telling me NOT buying another CPK is an option??? :eek:

Congrats to all who scored today, specially the Mario Andretti of the Buch, aka fonedork :thumbsup: I actually timed the refresh well enough but I was so surprised by this that my fingers froze costing me a few precious seconds :D

My internet was noticably slow today. Probably due to both myself and my wife being on zoom calls at the time if the sale.

Edit: I should not post via my phone. The autocorrect is the worst.

Last edited:
There will be more chances!!!

In other news, kinda surprised there wasn't a pre-order for the DEK1...

The DEK1 is in what Nathan called the preproduction phase so he will probably do quite a few runs of these before he would even consider doing a preorder. Also on top of this, add the move (yet to be fully completed from what I understand) in addition to Nathan's very conservative and meticulous nature amidst this pandemic and also his immediate commitment to the K18 preorders which was running a bit behind schedule till Nathan figured out the way in which he was satisfied with setting up his K18 machining center. I don't expect to see any preorders till at least this November.

I'm known as Uncle Matty aka the Nathan whisperer because I've been known to sing him a lullaby or two on the phone when he was feeling his insomnia :D

Do I need a paid subscription to receive a message from the sale? Sorry, it's been three years since my last Carothers Friday sale.

Read the last couple of paragraphs in Nathan’s OP in today’s sales thread for their contact email address, if you are one of the winners today.

Otherwise yes, yo do need a paid subscriptions to receive messages on this site but not necessary to have one just to buy a knife from CPK.

Do I need a paid subscription to receive a message from the sale? Sorry, it's been three years since my last Carothers Friday sale.

Hey man! Welcome back

If Jo isn't able to contact someone, she will post on the sale thread for them to contact her at her email address which is jocarothers at g mail dought com

Wow! The sale went fast! I took part in some Busse Combat ganzaas, but even there you didn't have to be THAT fast! I posted within like 10 seconds after the initial post and ended up being around 20. :D
Maybe next week luck will be on my side.
Congrats to the winners!
And many thanks for the opportunity :):thumbsup:

I'm going to go back to fewer larger sales. People are going to start getting frustrated again.

sad to hear ... I may need to ask for a proxy for DEK 1 before all is said and done ... I found out after a number of futile attempts in the past from out here near bumble **** nowhere if I break the top 25 spots ... I am on fire that day ... I will see if the demand drops after a few more are released into the wild and if not I'll ask for a gentleman's proxy then.

In the meanwhile congrats to those who have been lucky enough to capture a DEK 1 ... I am really looking forward to hearing how they fit in among the other CPK users you have ... especially the EDCs and FKs!

Back