After Sale Lounge

sad to hear ... I may need to ask for a proxy for DEK 1 before all is said and done ... I found out after a number of futile attempts in the past from out here near bumble **** nowhere if I break the top 25 spots ... I am on fire that day ... I will see if the demand drops after a few more are released into the wild and if not I'll ask for a gentleman's proxy then.

In the meanwhile congrats to those who have been lucky enough to capture a DEK 1 ... I am really looking forward to hearing how they fit in among the other CPK users you have ... especially the EDCs and FKs!
I think Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist meant he will have sales less frequently (like every other week) but with more quantity available per sale (like 20 knives available).

I think Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist meant he will have sales less frequently (like every other week) but with more quantity available per sale (like 20 knives available).

Well ... thanks for posting ... I am not sure I've ever been so happy to learn I misread anything! ... 20 I might have a shot at after the new rush wears off a bit. But figured if not I may have to request a proxy after some have picked up their own and would be free to do so. :thumbsup: I know it has to be a bit more difficult to decide how to proceed with the unknown hanging around everyone right now so however it works out I have faith one will find it's way here eventually ... and I'm a patient guy.

I'm going to go back to fewer larger sales. People are going to start getting frustrated again.

I think mixing the DEK sale with the BS items is stopping the newer guys picking up the older models.
Or if you had made it a sale of 20 knives with 10 DEK's the pass it down DEK misses would have covered the BS wants (I count 9)

Well I just returned to civilization and after catching up on my reading here, it appears as though I’ve missed nothing since my phone posts typically end up in the low 30s on the frantic sales. That being said if y’all wanna pretend I got in there around 35ish then it’ll be just like I was there for the party.
Congrats to the winners and now I eagerly await one of the “bigger sales.” Forty should cover me based on my performance history, but if you wanted to offer 50+ I’d feel much more confident!

Last edited:
Well I just returned to civilization and after catching up on my reading here, it appears as though I’ve missed nothing since my phone posts typically end up in the low 30s on the frantic sales. That being said if y’all wanna pretend I got in there around 35ish then it’ll be just like I was there for the party.
Congrats to the winners and now I eagerly await one of the “bigger sales.” Forty should cover me based on my performance history, but if you wanted to offer 50+ I’d feel much more confident!

I think when Nathan mentioned "bigger and slower sales", he means like before when he kept it open for an entire weekend, rather than committing to a preorder when there are more semi-customization options with the kind of order numbers which can climb up way too fast for his current situation with the move et al. He said that he has hundreds of these EDK1s at work so he may go ahead and do one of those longer and slower sales. I'm sure that you will get covered :)

I think when Nathan mentioned "bigger and slower sales", he means like before when he kept it open for an entire weekend, rather than committing to a preorder when there are more semi-customization options with the kind of order numbers which can climb up way too fast for his current situation with the move et al. He said that he has hundreds of these EDK1s at work so he may go ahead and do one of those longer and slower sales. I'm sure that you will get covered :)

Even better if that’s the case. My blood pressure won’t even tick up for that kind of party. Well it might once the excitement of the score hits, but much more manageable than the stress of a frantic Friday.

Even better if that’s the case. My blood pressure won’t even tick up for that kind of party. Well it might once the excitement of the score hits, but much more manageable than the stress of a frantic Friday.

Nathan has always come through and has always taken care of us W/O fail in the past 4 years when I have been buying from Nathan & Jo. I am personally biding my time for when Jo is dome with more handle scales selections so that I can a=order at least one with TTs.

That is my lame excuse for half-arsing these past 2 sales and then failing them both quite miserably :)

Nathan has always come through and has always taken care of us W/O fail in the past 4 years when I have been buying from Nathan & Jo. I am personally biding my time for when Jo is dome with more handle scales selections so that I can a=order at least one with TTs.

That is my lame excuse for half-arsing these past 2 sales and then failing them both quite miserably :)
After getting a DEF with the double black scales, I'm hoping those will be offered for the DEK1 at some point.

Back