After Sale Lounge

I’m done for a bit. No mark-up and flip for me. I think that is a dirty play.

I’ve scored three DEK1s so far. One is a gift for a friend, can’t wait to get my hands on it to give it to him. He recently became a knife guy and will really appreciate it. One is for my duty belt and one is for EDC. I don’t like taking things on and off my duty belt.

I’m not sure if it’s fair though that I won. I kinda cheated.

I enlisted the help of my teenage son

I’m done for a bit. No mark-up and flip for me. I think that is a dirty play.

I’ve scored three DEK1s so far. One is a gift for a friend, can’t wait to get my hands on it to give it to him. He recently became a knife guy and will really appreciate it. One is for my duty belt and one is for EDC. I don’t like taking things on and off my duty belt.

I’m not sure if it’s fair though that I won. I kinda cheated.

I enlisted the help of my teenage son

That is not frowned upon. Since you are super quick, you still may wanna proxy for someone slower :)

Man, I was going to try for a DEK1 today, but wouldn't you know - a problem came up at work and I was busy dealing with it until 1:50 pm (MDT), then I remembered the sale... Oh well, one of these sales I'll get lucky again.

Last edited:
Congrats to all of today’s winners!

It would be cool if people would state what they are getting in these 10 DEK1 plus 10 other sales. It would help others know if they are still in or should pass their spot on.

I updated my post. I was even so gracious as to volunteer for the unenviable terror that would be accepting an AEB-L DEK so others could get one of the D3V models available. You know, just trying to help others! ;)
#not picky

Gentlemen, can I ask what the timeframe between getting an order placed and receiving the invoice from Carothers?

This was my first purchase and I was worried that I might miss it and have been checking my spam Mailbox. I am perfectly content to wait “two weeks” or a very long/indefinite time as with any other semi custom but would appreciate a ballpark from past experience.

Gentlemen, can I ask what the timeframe between getting an order placed and receiving the invoice from Carothers?

This was my first purchase and I was worried that I might miss it and have been checking my spam Mailbox. I am perfectly content to wait “two weeks” or a very long/indefinite time as with any other semi custom but would appreciate a ballpark from past experience.

I am assuming that you are referring to the Fridays sales?

Generally speaking, Mrs. Jo starts to contact successful bidders on the Monday and/or the Tuesday following the previous Friday's sale. That said, CPK is now operating between two shops as they recently moved their operation to the their newly acquired facility so to be on the safe side, you may add a couple of more days to hear back from Jo.

ETA: I looked up last Fridays' sale thread and your post was toward the bottom of the 3rd page. I am not sure if you have actually landed the UF which you were seeking but maybe @Jo the Machinist can look into your claim :)

I am assuming that you are referring to the Fridays sales?

Generally speaking, Mrs. Jo starts to contact successful bidders on the Monday and/or the Tuesday following the previous Friday's sale. That said, CPK is now operating between two shops as they recently moved their operation to the their newly acquired facility so to be on the safe side, you may add a couple of more days to hear back from Jo.

ETA: I looked up last Fridays' sale thread and your post was toward the bottom of the 3rd page. I am not sure if you have actually landed the UF which you were seeking but maybe @Jo the Machinist can look into your claim :)

I was lucky enough to receive a PM from Jo. No rush and I never want to ask the maker for an ETA.

Am I correct that if I asked for a DEK in my post, and they were gone before they got to me, that I miss out on anything else?

I think so.

Unless you specify something like, "I'll take a DEK1 if one's available at my spot and if not, I'll take an XYZ if available" then your post will be a miss. I don't think that Jo has the time to contact everyone to ask what else they'd be interested in or what else is left over.

Back